Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

MSE Florida 4X Any new reviews or comments

Recently installed mse Florida 2x which is first delve into photoreal.It is what I expected so OK.Got the 50% disc offer for 4X.Thinking about it.Read previous posts and saw dissatisfaction back in Oct.Have problems been corrected?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Am not sure if they corrected the problems.  I would hold off until you find out. 

I do hope they release some 4X southwestern states such as AZ, CA, NV, and UT.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

My experience of MSE scenery is that it has many problems, which won't be corrected, and they ignore all attempts at contacting them.

Sorry this is not what you wanted to hear...

Not knocking any product but I bought a lot of MSEV2 until I got ORBYX Globel , Now I'm sold on Orbyx.  May not be photo real but their products seem to add life to your sim like none other. Can't see me buying any more ground scenery from anyone else except maybe some airports.

Vic green

Thanks for the replies.I wss just ecperimenting with photoreal in couple states.I have Ornx NW Pacific stuff and like it including freewsre Misty Moorings.Fpt the rest of world am using GEX and UTX.I have been srriously thinking of switching to global but not sure if it would be that much improvement.Looking for opinions on that also.Ron

Sorry for all misspells.Using my phone and big finger

Ron

I'm just the opposite.  I'm sold on photoreal over any repeating landclass ground scenery.  Not so much on MSE because it has no 3D autogen other than what is provided by default P3D, and has other issues.  But that looks like that will change in 2016 with a new developer with full photoreal scenery, full 3D autogen and full night lighting so I am biding my time using what photoreal scenery I currently have.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I bought it for around $14 and so far have not seen any anomalies.  The biggest issue I have with MSE is that there is little water-masking.  A difficult task I understand but think at least the large lakes should be water-masked. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm just the opposite.  I'm sold on photoreal over any repeating landclass ground scenery.  Not so much on MSE because it has no 3D autogen other than what is provided by default P3D, and has other issues.  But that looks like that will change in 2016 with a new developer with full photoreal scenery, full 3D autogen and full night lighting so I am biding my time using what photoreal scenery I currently have.

Who is this new developer?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I'm guessing he is talking about Ultimate VFR  http://store.ultimatevfr.com/

I have the state of  Colorado and it is pretty impressive. If you go to the website, there is a lot of info and pictures of what is in progress right now for most, if not all, the states. The "News/Facebook" link has the latest updates on the progress.

Lyn

I think his VFR scenery is the most consistent out there.  Very nice full state coverage. 

I'm a little concerned about the full state tree coverage however.  I don't know the process he is using, but little things like trees on roads, or sitting in areas where there would be water or a building is sloppy.   I know it takes time and manual corrections to get trees out of the way.  Otherwise, just having massive amounts of trees statewide is counter-productive to the point of having photoscenery.

For desert areas like Arizona and So Cal and "Rocky mountains", I prefer Photoscenery.,.and for wooded mountains like the North west I like Orbx. ORbx PNW is my fav and no way I would use Orbx for Arizona. Orbx Sedona is amazing..but they they use mostly phototextures around the Sedona airport..

The one who had the best of both worlds was VFR France later scenery...but they have not put out any new ones lately... They have photo  scenery with amazing Orbx like trees and autogens... 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I have also tried contacting PC Aviator in regards to their photoscenery and never received a response back.  Also asked about P3Dv3 installers for Latin VFR and again never received a response.  I have been a long time customer and am now done with PC Aviator! 

I am going to purchase the Ultimate VFR AZ, NM, and California when it's ready.  It has night lighting, water mapping, and autogen.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I assume that it is the US store (not the Australian one) of PC Aviator which puglist2 is talking about in terms of lack of response. Although his experience is consistent with what has been reflected in a number of posts on this Forum, my experience with Dean, the manager of the Australian store, has been very satisfactory (including as to promptness and content of responses to communications to the Australian store).

Gary

I am still on the fence about Florida 4X.I have the 50% coupon.What is water masking and is Florida 4X acceptable?Thanks,Ron