Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

GEX UTX and P3D

Could someone tell me how the night textures are in GEXP3D please? I'm not talking about the 3d night lights but the light 'splash' on the ground. How far away is this viewable?

I use FTX global and can't see a thing beyond the LOD radius - just total darkness. In FSX I could make out a faint glow of cities in the distance - not much but I could tell something was there. But in P3D I can't even see that. I have Night Environment for the UK and that is brilliant - can see approaching cities from miles away. But this doesn't help with the rest of the world.

Is it any better with GEXP3D?

Pictures are worth a thousand words.   The blue textures on the highway WAS a bug.   I took these to send to Flight1 to ask what was up with the crazy blue (even though it kind looks cool) and they pointed me to the patch that fixed the issue but you can see that city lighting is visible even out to 50-60 miles.   These were taken when I first installed the GEX World and UTX 2.0 USA so I hadn't adjusted my 3D lights yet.  There are a lot more lights that show now in my current lighting config with little loss of FPS.

UTX-02.png

UTX-03.png

UTX-04.png

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks very much Kuragiman. Yes those lights are visible a lot further out. They look stunning! Actually I quite like the blue effect too! Currently I feel like I'm in a huge bubble when flying at night so this is certainly food for thought.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

Count me in as another fan of the blue lights (bug or not), Brian.  Nice shots!

A quick question.....UTX is only some new landclass, correct?  In other words, it is not a total landclass replacement.  I thought I remember reading that somewhere on here but cannot find it.

Count me in as another fan of the blue lights (bug or not), Brian.  Nice shots!

A quick question.....UTX is only some new landclass, correct?  In other words, it is not a total landclass replacement.  I thought I remember reading that somewhere on here but cannot find it.

It is total in the areas it covers but, as yet, it does not cover the world. Currently USA, Europe and Canada. The tropics and Caribbean are nearly done.

BTW, I like the blue lights also. :)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It is total in the areas it covers but, as yet, it does not cover the world. Currently USA, Europe and Canada. The tropics and Caribbean are nearly done.

BTW, I like the blue lights also. :)

Vic

I loved the blue lights too and flew with them for a month before someone chimed in on one of my screen caps that it was a bug and linked the fix.   No more gentle calming blue glowies at night.

As stated, UTX is region based, not global but it does add significant landclass updates to coast lines, streams, rivers, lakes, towns and cities and adds speciality landclass like mass grave yards, parks, golf courses, universities, etc.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy