Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

GEX UTX and P3D

Is there any point trying to install my FSX versions of GEX and UTX, or do I need completely new products?

Is there any point trying to install my FSX versions of GEX and UTX, or do I need completely new products?

If you have UTX 2.0 Usa and Canada, congrats, those install into both FSX and P3D.     Older GEX and UTX products will require something like the migration tool and still may not function properly.    GEX WORLD P3D was created specifically for P3D to take advantage of all of it's DX11 upgrades and I highly recommend replacing your older GEX products with GEX World P3D.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Alas... my UTX addons are 1.xx :-(  Ho hum.... more bloomin money :nea:

Oh wait a min.... I'm using FTX Global. I guess that complicates things even more;-)

GEX will not run in P3D. There is a dedicated product GEXP3D you will need to purchase. It is NOT compatible with FTX Global - it is one or the other. UTX has new P3D versions available at a discount for existing users.

Personally, I prefer the GEXP3D/UTC combo over FTX Global/Vector - have uninstalled the latter. I still use various ORBX regions and airports however.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

GEX will not run in P3D. There is a dedicated product GEXP3D you will need to purchase. It is NOT compatible with FTX Global - it is one or the other. UTX has new P3D versions available at a discount for existing users.

Personally, I prefer the GEXP3D/UTC combo over FTX Global/Vector - have uninstalled the latter. I still use various ORBX regions and airports however.

Vic

^^^^ THIS

I dumped FTX Global after moving to P3D in favor of GEX World and UTX 2.2 USA.  Superior in my humble opinion, at least in the P3D universe.   Better autogen, better colors for us USA flyers (FTX Global I think is better colorwise for Euro flyers) and better VAS performance.    Worth the investment for sure if you fly in P3D. 

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Which night lighting do you prefer between the two?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Which night lighting do you prefer between the two?

To be honest, they look the same to me, as far as 3D Lights go but I like the customization options in UTX better.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Thanks.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I also prefer UTX lights.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

One of the features I liked in GEX is woodlands didn't always have very dense autogen trees which was good for FSX performance.  However in P3D that's much less of a concern, and ORBX have some spectacularly dense forest for example in the New Zealand region packs.  In fact so dense it's sometimes hard to see the forest floor (texture).  Now I don't wish to compare either product to an ORBX region pack, but how do the forests look in FTX Global compared to GEP3D?

Thanks
Simon

Still a little confused - sorry..... Is FTX Global compatible with UTX2 ?

FTX Global textures should work fine with UTX2 or any other landclass and vector products you choose.

However, using UTX means you'll miss out on some of the new custom landclasses included with Global (but you would need OpenLC to see them anyway).

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Could someone tell me how the night textures are in GEXP3D please? I'm not talking about the 3d night lights but the light 'splash' on the ground. How far away is this viewable?

I use FTX global and can't see a thing beyond the LOD radius - just total darkness. In FSX I could make out a faint glow of cities in the distance - not much but I could tell something was there. But in P3D I can't even see that. I have Night Environment for the UK and that is brilliant - can see approaching cities from miles away. But this doesn't help with the rest of the world.

Is it any better with GEXP3D?

Stuart Furley

Mmmmm.... Just purchased and downloaded UTXv2 EU & USA from Flight1. When I run the installer however, it doesn't pick up my P3D installation - only my FSX install, where I don't want it:-(