Sign in to follow this  
sidh

PMDG 787 Dreamliner

Hello PMDG ,

First of all I would like to wish you all the best for the upcoming 747 V2. Which I am sure will be a blast!

However,

I am really really anticipated for PMDG 787 Dreamliner ! It will be my dream come true to see the product from PMDG itself!

Is this aircraft considered for further development after V2 or DC6?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1y329d.jpg

You will either need US$225+ million or you can look into another developer's project. Concerning the latter, it doesn't necessarily mean PMDG won't do it (e.g. their upcoming 747v2 will come out alongside a fairly-recent competitor's product) but barring any official statement from PMDG in either direction, I feel it's worth pointing out so that you at least know something is in the works. There has also been a much more basic rendition of the 787 that was released as payware some time ago but I can't say I have any experience with it. GIYF.

Considering PMDG has official license to Boeing.. 787 can't go missed!

1y329d.jpg

Given how 787's flight deck integrated many feature of what one would normally call an EFB with all the data involved, and PMDG's known attention to detail, I do not think that's about to happen anytime soon. Even though it would be downright beautiful if it ever does.

PMDG is giving us the best you can get. But they have their hands full with what they're good at.

QualityWings has the Dreamliner in development since several years. Keep an eye on their (public?) Facebook page or pay them a visit on their site.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

PMDG is giving us the best you can get. But they have their hands full with what they're good at.

QualityWings has the Dreamliner in development since several years. Keep an eye on their (public?) Facebook page or pay them a visit on their site.

So does that mean that in future if all the boeing planes start to come with EFBs(which indeed will happen) than PMDG will not develop it? Just because it is all on glass and impossible to code within limits?

Edited by sidh

1y329d.jpg

So does that mean that in future if all the boeing planes start to come with EFBs(which indeed will happen) than PMDG will not develop it? Just because it is all on glass and impossible to code within limits?

It probably means not to expect it within the next few years. I'm sure that they would have to start from scratch and for them to develop one to their standards. If I had to guess, this would probably take 3-5 years from start to finish. The QW 787 is your best bet. 

Just because it is all on glass and impossible to code within limits?

Full names in the forum, please.

More because an EFB requires data that costs A LOT to license. Not only can charts be incredibly expensive, the performance data licensing costs quite a bit, too. Without those, the feature is worthless.

Unlike services like Navigraph, which keeps you up to date with the current AIRAC, there aren't many services that offer worldwide coverage for charting at a reasonable price. Last I checked, worldwide coverage from one provider for a year was something along the lines of $2000 (per person, per year - again, not including perf data). Even without worldwide coverage, it's still outside the realm of the normal simmer budget. I think Aivlasoft comes close, but at somewhat of a compromise in that they don't use an official ANSP for their charts (at least from what I can tell).

Beyond that, of course, there's the performance data issue to address.

RSR discusses some of it here (at 14:30):

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Full names in the forum, please.

More because an EFB requires data that costs A LOT to license. Not only can charts be incredibly expensive, the performance data licensing costs quite a bit, too. Without those, the feature is worthless.

Unlike services like Navigraph, which keeps you up to date with the current AIRAC, there aren't many services that offer worldwide coverage for charting at a reasonable price. Last I checked, worldwide coverage from one provider for a year was something along the lines of $2000 (per person, per year - again, not including perf data). Even without worldwide coverage, it's still outside the realm of the normal simmer budget. I think Aivlasoft comes close, but at somewhat of a compromise in that they don't use an official ANSP for their charts (at least from what I can tell).

Beyond that, of course, there's the performance data issue to address.

RSR discusses some of it here (at 14:30):

Why cant they just do what CS did and make it so we can enter our own charts and maybe people who make liveries can supply the paints with charts that the real world aircraft normally flies into. Is it reall necessary to have fully up to date charts via subscription? Just have the performance data part of it fully modeled I dont think anyone would complain.

Time is the key to it. WHY?

Let us make here a situation..

PMDGs last product in line will be the 777 ,747V2 and DC-6. What After that ?NO more development?

They don't have any new aircrafts to make(May be they complete the past boeings like 767s/757s)   & the new ones cannot be made due to these limits.

Nobody would want utmost company like PMDG to close.. They are the reason why people do Hardcore simming

I remember the times when features that were said impossible 5-6 years ago are now made possible.Example totally a different FBW systems working independently,ENGs  ,WXR. working independently outside FSX.

Where there is a will, there will be a way.

1y329d.jpg

Time is the key to it. WHY?

Let us make here a situation..

PMDGs last product in line will be the 777 ,747V2 and DC-6. What After that ?NO more development?

They don't have any new aircrafts to make(May be they complete the past boeings like 767s/757s)   & the new ones cannot be made due to these limits.

Nobody would want utmost company like PMDG to close.. They are the reason why people do Hardcore simming

I remember the times when features that were said impossible 5-6 years ago are now made possible.Example totally a different FBW systems working independently,ENGs  ,WXR. working independently outside FSX.

Where there is a will, there will be a way.

I took the time to answer your question earlier. Please take the time to read it fully.

This isn't a technical issue. It's a cost issue.

Full names. Final warning.

Kyle Rodgers

There is a way round this Efb issue but it would have to be optional for users in the same way wx radar is optional. Not having asn means no wx radar but doesn't stop you from flying the ng.

In the same vein you could allow users who have navigraph subscriptions to use efb features. Obviously you would need interfacing between the in cockpit features and the users navigraph software but maybe it could be done.

Wishful thinking I know and there might be more licensing issues involved as navigraph might not want direct access to their chart software but I'm just pointing out that there is a possible solution that doesn't require developers to license and supply built in charts. 9 euros a month for a permanently up to date supply of charts and airac data is a good deal I think.

Chris

Come on guys-- we all know PMDG could make a pogo stick and you would buy it..

Also, surley some of you more seasoned guys remember a company called Airsimmer?? Most of that team works for FSLAbs now..

Until this 787 get delivered...lets not count our chicken until they hatch

Peter Osborn