Sign in to follow this  
GCRR

Mouse pointer "swollen" in DSR and fullscreen

Hello,

since DSR came out , i´ve been using it successfully on Windows 7-64 and a 660TI, never had any issues. Unfortunately my Mobo died and i had to buy new hardware, also took the plunge and installed a fresh Windows 10. So now I´m running FSX-SE (alone) on Windows 10 with a GTX970 4GB. So far so good, to be honest everything works great and smooth, except for one thing :

As mentioned i use FSX-SE in DX10 (Steves Fixer with same settings i had on Windows 7) combined with appropriate NVI settings and combined with DSR factor 4 and 33% smoothing, wich works great for me, the only annoying problem is that whenever i switch to fullscreen to enable DSR and move the mouse pointer over a clickspot, it becomes huge (about 4 times its original size), as i move away from the clickspot, it recovers its normal size.(never happened in Windows 7)

Did anybody else experience the same ? Searching google didn´t give me any answers, btw. i tried literally everything : different AA settings, different mouse pointers, enabling and disabling pointer shadows, etc.,etc., but no luck. FSX is running as Administrator,so i´m really clueless and tired.

Does FSX-SE need to run in any compatibility mode in Windows 10 ?

I have latest Nvidia Drivers installed and Windows fully updated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Lars Stahmann

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

Yes, it will do that if it can cope with 4x. Do you have a microscopic thin line at the top that is the ALT Menu? I would go for 1.5x.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks for your answer,

No, there is no microscopic line, except if you refer to the upper menu bar, obviously it´s very tiny, though quite readable with DSR factor 4, wich btw. gives me nice performance.

I´ll keep on trying, must be a Windows 10 issue as i never experienced this with Windows 7.

Regards  Lars

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

Perhaps try running the NVidia Control Panel and Manage 3D Settings, Global Settings, press Restore, Apply. Then set up the DSR Factors again.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Yes Steve, that was the first thing i did, also resetted the NVI profile and build a new one. I must have a "Gremlin" somewhere .

Lars Stahmann