Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

XPX: Rotate Sim MD-80, what a beauty!

Guest Mik75

Let the pics do the talking!

XPX 10.42, SMP v3, FS Global Real Weather, tweaked art controls.

I hope you like them:

d4jpht4dxdumxxgu0.jpg

d4jphztkpswh8uq9k.jpg

d4jpi6l9khnkt1hmg.jpg

d4jpidomghol8273s.jpg

d4jpikvpfhm7xz0xk.jpg

d4jpirhc8qgkjesu0.jpg

d4jpiyk25bpkyr3i0.jpg

d4jpj6zwpn04bhnjs.jpg

d4jpje8hi1v0v05tk.jpg

d4jpjlqhwqwt71uns.jpg

Those pics encapsulate today's XP 10. Brilliant shots!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Excellent shots of Rotate's bird.  Am flying it now as well.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Shot number six looks like you are orbiting the earth at space shuttle altitude...

:)

Love the mad dog...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Guest Mik75

Yeah! This thing initially climbs like a rocket, but I guess it won't climb that high! ;-)

The sky gets that dark because of the way I tweak the art controls.

I love this bird, it looks so good, and it feels very nice as well, especially when flown by hand. The systems are a bit on the light side, and some things show some erratic behaviour. But overall, it's really enjoyable for an initial release!

It should be able to cruise up to 41,000 (but usually up to 37000ft).  If the flight model is accurate, it will out climb a 737-800NG up to approximately 23,500ft at which point the 737-800NG will out perform the MD-80.  This is primarily due to the very different wings between the two aircraft.

We're working on a Boeing 717 (last of the MD-80 series) with TFDi Design, and I have to save that I love that these wonderful aircraft are getting more love!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Guest Mik75

Thanks a lot for your kind comments, guys!

Yes, the plane climbed to 37.000 feet in this flight without problems, with a rate of around 1.000 ft/min for the last few 1.000s of feet. The flight model feels very believable and accurate, I have to say!

I hope, they'll add some more features and work on a few flaws with future SPs and updates.

It does look a fabulous model! I wish my GPU was more meaty so it could handle it, reading through about the issues someone was having with a 2GB card, I daren't even risk it with my measly 1GB!

it will out climb a 737-800NG up to approximately 23,500ft at which point the 737-800NG will out perform the MD-80.  This is primarily due to the very different wings between the two aircraft.

Is it also down to the different engines? As I understand it the MD-80s JT8Ds are low bypass turbofans. I would guess that the much higher bypass ratio of the NG's much more modern CFM56 means it is much more efficient at high altitude?

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S