Sign in to follow this  
FlightSimmer Pete

Cannot configure DX10 Scenery Fixer

I am trying to reconfigure DX10 Scenery Fixer after uninstalling my disk version of FSX and have now installed the Steam version.

DX10 Scenery Fixer will not allow me to change the installed path for FX (grey out and cannot type in the box)

I have and tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as the repair routine for DX10 Scenery Fixer with out success..

The new path needs to be :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX

I'm guessing the registry will need some adjustments?

Thanks

Pete Markovic

I am sorry what version do you have?

At which step do you get this error?

If you are really stuck

Uninstall from control panel

delete c:\program data\dx10 scenery fixer and

delete <you user>\app data\local\dx10 scenery fixer

But you really shouldn't need to do that unless it's an old version.

It either thinks the libraries are installed or not. If they are installed you cannot change path. Uni

The situation is as it is as soon as I open the program, it would be the current version 2.11 as I only purchased a couple of days ago.

I have reinstalled the program again after deleting everything I can find that points the fixer but have the same result?

I have a screen shot but cant see where I can attach here?

You are correct that there is a problem  in 2.11. I added some more logic in this area to deal with issues and it makes it worse not better...   

In a scenario where a fsx system has been uninstalled whilst the fixer thinks the libraries are installed  then in the file

c:\program data\dx10sceneryfixer\dx10.ini

it has a flag that the libraries are installed and it also has the fsx path.

When you run the controller it detects that the fsx path is invalid and blanks it  (new 2.11 behaviour)  but it still looks at the libraries installed flag to decide whether to allow you to change it...   In earlier versions it accepted the old (invalid path)  and the uninstall/install technique would work with some spurious errors.

For 2.11 deleting or renaming c:\program data\dx10sceneryfixer\dx10.ini will fix this 

Note that its program data not program files and its a hidden directory so you need to tick the hidden items in the file explorer view tab.

I will have to prepare a new build of 2.11 to address this properly

No problem, sorry for any inconvenience. I will upload a new build of 2.11 over the weekend that handles this better, but unless you intend to uninstall fsx-se and go back to the DVD version there is no need to upgrade!

The profile Steve is a very good starting point and is more or less what I use.

Then it's largely personal taste. If you have ezdok,ngx, track ir or ASN you will want to turn the related features on.

The one thing to consider is whether to enable HD shadows for the smaller aircraft. There is a gain, but you will see oddities with shadows cut off on the wings and at the rear of the passenger cabin. I usually turn it on.

The profile Steve is a very good starting point and is more or less what I use.

I cant seem to find the Steve profile, it's not in the default folder that I can see, my install is here:

C:\SteveFx\DX10 Scenery Fixer

run Dx10controller -

select profiles->load profile from top pull down menu and you should see steve.dfp as an option - select it and you are done. 

Its in public docs\dx10 SceneryFixer but thats the default directory for the file selection that you should see.

Yep, I opened the profiles load but it's empty, about to try searching the drive as I cant see it in the dx10 SceneryFixer documents either?

Found it, my bad :)

I'm running windows 10, all is well however I made the mistake of looking in documents my name instead of public.

I have loaded the Steve profile and then sawan advice that the settings would be applied next time I start FSX, which I did, but one question, after loading the Steve profile the settings as displayed in your profile are shown in the program correct?, loading the profile doesn't just modify the fsx.cfg?