Sign in to follow this  
TrentXWB

small problem on button version with P3Dv3

Hello Bryan,

I have a small question. I am running a button version (SOP2) before take off I activate my VNAV on CMD. Everything goes well up until this point then I started my takeoff, once I have positive rate I ordered my FO to put the gear up and he did BUT the FS2Crew panel did not change to the next step (to change the flap instead stuck on gear up command) so I have to manually push the down arrow on the FS2crew panel. When I did it change to 'Flap 15' even though I used flap 10 for take off.

on the secondary button I can asked my FO to activate the LNAV and he did it but the FS2Crew panel did not move/ change to the next step, so it is stuck on LNAV command.

Is there something I am missing or is this a small bug? Thank you in advance

Regards

Hendrik

I had my value correct in the FMC and I also follow all the step in FS2Crew, before takeoff procedure and set takeoff thrust.

My FO followed everything correctly up untill take off. Should I reinstall?

Bryan,

Thanks for the suggestion, Having different flap setting solved the issue of the main button. The secondary button, LNAV still get stuck, the FO did activate the LNAV but it stayed in that command. Or is that normal?

Thanks

Once I climb and gear is up (around 1000 feet). The secondary button changed to LNAV then I asked the FO to activate the LNAV

I just looked at the code... what flap are you using?

The system is expecting you're using 25, 15, 5 or 1.  It reads the trailing edge flap position as the trigger to change the mode.

I suspect the TE flap was not in the 25, 15, 5 or 1 position.

That I didn't know. I was concentrating flying the plane. Is there anyway to do this/ check the physically flap?

For sure the flap handle is on 15.

The required condition is based off the Flaps being in the 15 position on the flap gauge.  The flap  handle is not used as a condition.

So just wait a couple extra seconds to ensure the flap on the wing is physically in the 15 degree position... look on the flap gauge to confirm it.

Cheers,

Thanks Bryan,

The thing is that I take off with Flap 15 so basically the Flap hasn't changed yet (flap gauge and handle is still on flap 15)

I just tried a Flaps 15 takeoff in button control using Button Control.

I tried with with both HDG SEL and LNAV.

Worked fine for me.

Are you using any hardware that affects the position of the flaps?  Sometimes they can interfere.