Sign in to follow this  
mikeody

New to FS2 Crew - need some help please

Hello All,

I am totally new to FS2Crew but not new to the PMDG 737.

Have just bought Reboot and am using button control SOP Set 2.

Loading the PMDG 737 with the 'Long Turn' Panel State.

Config Set Up all OK.

Keyboard assignments for Main and Sec all good and working.

All went very well and easily so I am following the Tutorial but I have a few [idiot] questions.

What I am struggling with is the interaction between Captain and FO and their respective responsibilities.

Can I assume that anything labelled 'Procedure' in the Tutorial is just a series of actions carried out either by me [manually] or the FO automatically ?

No problem there but I dont hear the FO say a single word about anything he is doing - is that right ?

I wonder if I am missing something with the intercom/radio settings ?

In relation to checklists. I can bring them up in the Main Panel, scroll through with the down arrows but I hear nothing from the FO.

Again I must be missing something !

If anyone could give me a shove in the right direction on the above then I am sure I will be able to get a grip of what follows.

Thanks,

Mike Ody

Hey Mike,

let me answer some of your questions from the "User perspective".

No problem there but I dont hear the FO say a single word about anything he is doing - is that right ?

In relation to checklists. I can bring them up in the Main Panel, scroll through with the down arrows but I hear nothing from the FO.

- You do not have to scroll through them. You have to "call" the checklist you wish to execute (e.g. Before Start Checklist) the FO calls the items on the checklist and depending on the responsibility, either he checks the items ("checked", "Set", "Tested 100%", etc.) or you have to check them. So, you have to tell the FO that you want to go through a checklist and he will start reading the items. There is no need to click the down buttom on the main panel, just press the Main Button on the Checklist (e.g. Before Start, Cockpit Preparation, etc.).

I hope this helped,

Sergej

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=191288

I made an Excel spreadsheet and PDF's that I think will help you out.  It gives you your Captains jobs to do and does not worry about the FO unless its a checklist.  It also gives you the times to do things, what your verbal answers should be etc.  Give it a try.

Just to add.  You start the PF Events and then get about doing your tasks.  You don't touch the up/down arrows to change the portion of the flows you are doing.  The FO will work silently unless he/she needs to talk to you.  you verbally call for the checklist and then the FO will talk.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If you are refering to the actions of the FO conducted during the preflight, then yes it is normal, he performs his flows silently.

You will see switches flipping, hear tests sounds and see lights coming on and off but the FO doesn't say what he is doing.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Are you using Button Control or Voice Control?

If Button, you have to press the "Main Button" as shown in the Manual.

If you don't hear anything, ensure your Audio is set to "Stereo", not Dolby 7.1 in the Windows Contol Panel Speakers setup.

Best,

Thanks guys, thats the sort of 'start' I needed.

Am sure I will have more questions, but for now thats great,

Mike Ody

And now a follow up question !

I am slowly getting my mind around button control FS2Crew on PMDG 737NGX Reboot SOP2 but I have a problem with initiating the PreFlight Checklist.

Am loading Cold and Dark Panel.

Prelim Flight Events, Pre Flight Procedure, FO Walk Around, Boarding all seem to happen as I expected.

I carefully work through my PreFlight Procedures OK and I see the FO Procedures 'happening' via switches, bells etc.

At +11 minutes  [in conjunction with FO ?] I have to carry out the Pre Flight Checklist.

The Tutorial [sOP2] says " To run the Preflight Checklist press the MAIN button". BUT when I press the button the Main Panel just blinks and nothing else happens - and the clock keeps counting down.

Two things occur to me ? The FO hasnt completed his PreFlight Procedures - but I waited until +11 so I wouldnt think that would be a problem. The captain [Me] didnt do his PreFlight Procedures correctly or they were incomplete.

A prod in the right direction please.

Mike Ody

Hi Mike,

When you press the Main Button to run the Pre Flight checklist, did you hear any sound?

You should hear the Captain and FO say something.

Check the Trouble shooting section in the manual if you don't hear any talking.  (Ensure your speakers are set to Stereo).

Also note you need to press the Main Button to respond to each checklist item.  So you'll be pressing the Main Button a lot to run through each checklist item.

Cheers,

Thanks Bryan.

I am getting sound OK - Cpt [get show on the road], FO [start and finish walk around], Clicks and bells as FO does his Procs, FA [for boarding and my response via Secondary Buttom].

The issue is that everything seems to go OK until I want to run the pre-flight checklist.

I have PREFLIGHT CHECKLIST in yellow on the Main Panel, wait for +11, then hit Main Button.

At that stage I was expecting to have a brief 'checklist run through' between me and the FO but all that happens is the Main Panel blinks,and nothing happens.

The clock keeps counting down [and if I do nothing the next set of FO procs happens, and a bit later I hear the load sheet arrive etc].

I have read all about Main Button not working if there is a conflict in button assignments and on the surface it seems like it could be that.

However I have checked FSX button assignments which are what they should be, and the PMDG Key Commands where there is no conflict.

I did a reinstall of FS2Crew this morning but there is no change.

Any ideas what I should try next ?

thanks again,

Mike ody

OK Panic Over !

I fell into a 'trap for new players' [or I need to admit myself to the asylum].

The problem was that I made the mistake of assuming I had to make only TWO key assignments - one for main panel/button, plus one for a secondary button.

The reality is it is - one key to 'Open the Main Panel', another for the 'Main Panel Button' and a third for 'Secondary Key'.

I was trying to initiate the Checklist using the 'open the Main Panel' assignment.

If I re-read the Tutorial I guess it was entirely my fault - although just a little confusing.

Silly me !

Thanks to all who tried to help.

But dont worry I am sure I will be back sooner or later with more questions !

Mike Ody