Sign in to follow this  
DarkstarF16

Please Help

My husband DarkstarF16 was an avid virtual pilot and had built himself a cockpit at home with a high tech PC I brought him for his birthday in Feb this year.

Sadly he passed away, suddenly and unexpectedly on the 3rd December. I will need to at some point find a new home for all his equipment, because although I knew he loved it. I knew very little about it.

I am looking for some guidance on how to find the right home for all the technology he had.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for also taking the time to reply.

Jo

• Upvote 4

I'm so sorry for your loss. As for finding his things a home, I think you're in the right place. If I were you, I would look everything up to get an idea of a fair price, then sell everything on here. This is a flight sim forum, so you can pretty much guarantee that, when it gets sold, it'll find a good home. Anyways, I'm so sorry for your loss, and I hope this helps you.

-VETTE

• Upvote 1

Jo, very sorry to hear of your loss - you must be in complete shock. I agree with Richard - you've chosen a good place to start. 

I have pondered this dilemma myself from time to time, and wonder what my family would do with my extensive collection of flight sim equipment under these circumstances.  I'd hate for it to end up in a dump somewhere, much rather it got a second life from some caring individual, so I can feel where your coming from.

Maybe, if you were to be able to upload some pictures, we could help you identify what's there, and give you an idea of the best way forward?

With condolences

Eugene

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much for your help. I have the spec of the PC as he was very sure on what he wanted it to have. Once I have sorted out all the other details I need to go through I will take some pictures. Thanks again for your help

Depending on what it is, I may even have some friends who still don't have a Christmas present for me. Also, I completely understand where you're coming from with wanting it to find a good home. If someone I cared about had a bunch of stuff that they cared about, I wouldn't want it to end up in a dump somewhere, or even somewhere where it won't be appreciated. I really do think this is the best place for you to look, and I think that the flight sim community is one that will help you find a good home for absolutely everything. I wish you luck in finding everything a good home, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

-VETTE

My husband DarkstarF16 was an avid virtual pilot and had built himself a cockpit at home with a high tech PC I brought him for his birthday in Feb this year.

Sadly he passed away, suddenly and unexpectedly on the 3rd December. I will need to at some point find a new home for all his equipment, because although I knew he loved it. I knew very little about it.

I am looking for some guidance on how to find the right home for all the technology he had.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for also taking the time to reply.

Jo

First, I want to say I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.  I had several contacts with Brian via private messages (PM's) as he was trying to make his flight simulator work faster and better.  May he rest in peace.

I moved this from the Classified Ads section as I think it will receive more attention here in the Hangar Chat.  Once you decide what you want to sell, then you can post that in the Classified Ad section.

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Most sincere and Deepest Condolences, Jo.

As stated above, everything he put together in the pursuance of his hobby, will find a place to honour his memory, here.

May he R.I.P.

Kind regards

Terrible to hear we lost such a great man. Clearly he cared about this community and I'm sure the great people here will find a suitable home for his passionate pieces. God be with you. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Sorry to hear about this, I hope he enjoyed the setup he had. Might I suggest if a local Air Cadets could use it or one of their up and coming students. I have donated to Air Cadets in the past.

Perhaps a future aviator may be able to make use of it and a local Air Cadets may have an idea of a good candidate for you.

Matthew Kane

Jo,

My deepest sympathies. I remember Brian from seeing his posts in the forum and always thought he was a pretty good guy. I will keep you and Brian's loved ones in my prayers.

Mike

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I am so very sorry for you loss.  I'm sure the good folks here at AVSIM are "at the ready" to help.  Please get some help to upload photos, but most importantly, may he rest in peace.  Good man.

Stan

• Upvote 1

I'm saddened to hear of Brian's passing.  He was a very active community member, and always quick to support others.  On behalf of the AVSIM family, we express our condolences and our community members are here to help you with identifying and figuring the value of his FS gear.

RIP Brian

Please let us know if there's anything the AVSIM staff can do to help.

• Upvote 2

Jo

May God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss.Please be strong for us