Sign in to follow this  
waterbombs16

Saving Flight in the 737NGX

Hey everyone. To start, I really enjoy flying the 737. It is a beautiful aircraft, and I have been a proud owner of it for about 2 years now. However, I will usually only have an hour and a half every day for flying, which leaves me to an 1:10 minute flight at the most. I would like to try flying longer routes, like into the tropics.

One problem I know there would be is the 737's "Engine Initialization", whenever you re-enter a flight. I am wondering if this would have any effect on the autopilot and my FMC. If not, I can simply hold a steady pitch until it is done initializing, and then let the autopilot take back over.

So basically what I am asking is, if you save your flight in the 737, when you load the flight, will the "20 second engine initialization" have any effect on my route and the autopilot?

Thanks, Ethan Dau

Hi,

No there is no effect on the MCP and FMC. You just load your saved flight and let everything do. You will temporarily loose a bit of speed the time for engines to spool but the MCP will pick it up with no issues.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi,

No there is no effect on the MCP and FMC. You just load your saved flight and let everything do. You will temporarily loose a bit of speed the time for engines to spool but the MCP will pick it up with no issues.

I just got the 737 also, does this also save the FMC settings like when you set it up to fly the tutorial? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

When you save a flight with the NGX, everything is saved, panel state, current status of the aircraft (engines running or not, flaps, gear...) but also all the settings (MCP, FMC, EFIS...).

Basically, when you load a saved flight, you will find everything exactly like there were when you saved the flight.

Off course, there is that kind of quirk which makes the aircraft load with the engines off even in flight when saved with the engines on, but everything sets back on it's own to the state you got when saving. You don't have to do nothing but wait a couple of seconds.

Be aware though that it can be tricky to load a saved flight at very low altitude as it might not have the time to restore everything before the aircraft crashes on the ground (due to flight loading with engines off).

However, it happened to me to load a flight from an automatic save after fsx crashed during a go-around at 3000ft and it succeeded. I just left 500ft before the engines got back to full thrust and the aircraft started to pick up altitude again.

The time to restore the engine power is less than a normal start.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hitting ; to bring up the FSX save function will also save the relevant PMDG files needed to re-load that flight.

The 20 sec init will occur when you load the flight, but if you find that the aircraft moves during this time (some see it, others don't), simply enter SLEW mode (hit Y) until it's done.

Kyle Rodgers