Sign in to follow this  
Jockos

PSU Voltage variation 12V rail

I am having some persistent but irregular issues with 'Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered', when using P3D3.

One of the many issues related to this error is a problematic PSU.

I have engaged 'HWMonitor' to check my voltages.

At the time of the crash the min voltage was 11.808.

Would this be considered too low to service my GPU (GTX 780) and therefore could be an issue related to the crash?

My PSU is a Thermaltake DPS 850W

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jock McIntyre

Jock McIntyre

ATX standard calls for a 5% variation on the 12v rail max. So you are well in the safe zone. So no, I don't think this is related to the crash.

Would this be considered too low to service my GPU (GTX 780) and therefore could be an issue related to the crash?

An 850 watt PSU is more than adequate for your GTX 780.

What's important is the amps on the 12v rail. Just found a review for your PSU. It has a single 12 V rail rated at 70 amps. Mors than adequate for your 780.

This error could also indicate the video card is overheating or that the video card driver has problems.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thank you for your responses.

martin-w, it is comforting that my PSU appears to be within spec and adequate for the GTX780

stans, I have monitored the temps on my card extensively over a period of time and they appear to be within considered limits.  I have done a 'clean install' of the latest drivers after using DDU.

I have just installed the Microsoft Fix It 50848 which addresses the TDR error directly at the Registry by increasing the wait time before resetting the vid card.

Testing so far looks promising, but I shall not be satisfied until more time with P3D3 is spent.without this error raising its horrible head!

Thanks again for your valued input.

Jock McIntyre