For some time, I have been trying to achieve graphics in P3D v3 to a standard to those members who post their screen shots , H L James and others post very high clarity pictures which I've been unable to match. The result of course is to go down the dreaded track of tweak after tweak.

A couple of weeks ago I came across an article by Derek Wilson (2009), Exploring Input Lag Inside and Out. In his first paragraph he mentions "1ms can be the difference between your input getting to the software in time to be included in the next frame. Most of the time it won't. Of course, the difference between 8ms and 2ms could actually make a frame of difference (up to 16.67ms) in input lag."

I have been using my CH product Yoke from the turn of the century ( almost) and looking up in despair I noticed my Saitek X52 joystick on the top shelf, so why not, I plugged it in and to my astonishment the result in graphics was amazing and the very slight stuttering had also gone.

So here is my dilemma do I purchase a new ch flight sim yoke, of which I prefer, and hope the response time ( input lag) is up to giving me the best results in P3D. Is there any body using the same equipment and getting good graphics.

Bob

So here is my dilemma do I purchase a new ch flight sim yoke, of which I prefer, and hope the response time ( input lag) is up to giving me the best results in P3D. Is there any body using the same equipment and getting good graphics.

I am struggling to see a connection between the quality of your graphics and any lag in your input device. What makes you think your yoke is lagging anyway? And how can this affect the display? Maybe you could post a link the to article.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I am struggling to see a connection between the quality of your graphics and any lag in your input device. What makes you think your yoke is lagging anyway? And how can this affect the display? Maybe you could post a link the to article.

thanks for your response, this is the link to the article:-

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2803/7

which was a link from this :-

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_7.html

bob

this is the link to the article:-

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2803/7

Well I had a look but I still don't get it. This appears to be an article about reducing input lag for extremely fast games where it's quite important. I still don't see how this has any impact on the display beyond the fact (evidently) that you can reduce the lag by making compromises in the video settings. I can't see any link the other way around - i.e. that if your joystick somehow responded more quickly it would improve the display quality! Surely there is no direct connection at all between the input and output?

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro