Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

World camera EZDOK in P3DV3?

Hi Mike,

I got ezdok working just fine in p3dv3. I followed the instructions on flight1  Ezdok forum. Installed the initial version 1.15.1, & then the 117 upgrade & copied the contents of the 118.7 beta into the ezca root folder then ran the configurator Make sure you run P3dv3 & Ezdok as administrator. I did have problems trying to get Ezdok to work in P3dv2 (much earlier this year)before the Beta patch came out & I was not running the sim or ezdok as administrator.This time everything worked just fine no glitches.

Ron

So you have tested the world camera? Because i never had it working.

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes I got world camera working in latest Ezdok and P3D3.0 except there are bugs. In some situations it throws you into the middle of the ocean which causes huge texture reloading issues. If you go to the support forum on world camera in Ezdok there are solutions. When it happened to me, I quit P3D3.0 and restarted and the world camera came back correctly. 

I have not tested the world camera yet, having too much fun setting up virtual cockpit  & aircraft views, so many possibilities.

Ron

I do also not use World Camera. With the latest 1.18.7 EZDOK beta, there are problems with GSX or SODE windows (if you use those). That is the reason why I went back to the 1.17 P3D version.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I cant get world camera to work which is sad because i would love to watch pushbacks from the gates with GSX around the world .

Any other suggestions is apreciated. Still need EZDOK though

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Mike,

I tried to get the world cameras working in P3dv3 but have not been successful. I highlighted the 1st entry & then made a Runway1 entry ,enter hit num2 for editing,then I got a loud shrill fluctuating  noise  so I closed it out. I will be watching the Flight1 ezdok forum. There is a member on their forum by the name of SimperFi who really seems to know the ezdok inner workings.

Ron

To create a world camera, you must bring your aircraft to the location where you want to place the 'world' camera ON THE GROUND, for example near the end of a runway, or any other ground location at a given airport. Then create the world camera and give it a name, ex. RWY 27. Open EZDOK's Studio, left-click in an empty grey rectangle under the 'World' camera category, then right-click in that same rectangle and select 'Add camera at aircraft position', give your new camera a name and press OK. Now move your aircraft out of that area (100 or so feet for example), re-open the Studio if required and select your new camera. You may need to cycle through the different categories of cameras to get it working for the first attempt. You can use your Hat Switch and Arrow Keys to adjust the camera ensuring to save your new composition afterwards. For creating such cameras, you'll find it easier to maneuvre around the airport using a simple aircraft like a Cessna. There's a lot more written on this subject on the EZDOK Forum but this should get you started in FSX or P3D.

JJ

I cant get world camera to work which is sad because i would love to watch pushbacks from the gates with GSX around the world .

Any other suggestions is apreciated. Still need EZDOK though

Thanks

Michae2l Moe

You could use a World camera for that purpose but an easier way is using a special Spot camera developed for movie-makers by the author of EZDOK. Search for it in the Ezdok Forum and follow the installation instructions. It installs under the Aircraft category and can be easily duplicated so that you end up with a multitude of different views. I'll gladly help out if required.

JJ

You could use a World camera for that purpose but an easier way is using a special Spot camera developed for movie-makers by the author of EZDOK. Search for it in the Ezdok Forum and follow the installation instructions. It installs under the Aircraft category and can be easily duplicated so that you end up with a multitude of different views. I'll gladly help out if required.

JJ

Thanks for the explanation Jean.    I had a browse on the EZDOK forums but there are a ton of threads regarding Spot Views.   Do you have a more direct link to the thread in question?   I would appreciate it.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Here's the link to the author's original post (Maniftarr's post dated 1 April 2010):

http://www.simforums.com/forums/for-moviemakers_topic34066.html?KW=spot

And here's a link to a video I made a few years ago attempting to compare this camera to FSX's (at the time) default Spot camera:

Hope this helps.

JJ