Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

PC12 for Prepar3D v3

Hello John.  The PC12 has Not got an official V3 Installer yet,  I'm not sure when this will happen.   Maybe some one else might be chip in to see if they got the PC12 working in V3 

Full FSX and P3D v2.0 compatible

I tried fooling it and have a v2.5 registry setting which points the install to the correct location, but there is an error when it tries to update the dll.xml as it's looking for the Prepar3D v2 directory in the AppData\ . . . directory.

John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

You can regedit the path to trick the installers ( works for scenery as well ). 

If you've had boxed FSX and FSX-SE installed, I changed those both values of those as well ( just while I was installing aircraft / scenery )

Disclaimer: If you don't feel comfortable editing your registry, DON'T.

1. START > regedit

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node

3a. > Dovetailgames > FSX ( if you have FSX-SE installed )

3b. > Microsoft > microsoft games > flight simulator > 10.0  ( if you had FSX boxed installed )

3c. > Lockheed Martin > Prepar3D v2 ( if you have/had 2 or 2.5 before )

4. double click on SetupPath 

5. edit the value to your current P3D v3 root directory

6. DON'T FORGET TO CHANGE PATHS BACK after your finished installing. If you're removing 2.5 for good, then you can leave the setup path pointing to P3D v3 ( leave the reg entry and folder for Prepar3D v2 )

Again, registry mistakes can lead to "Bad Things" TM  - proceed at your own risk.

I don't remember having an issue with the PC12, but this solved most of my other install issues with P3D v3

Hope that helps...

Have you tried the Migration Tool? It basically installs anything. At least I never see it fail doing so,

Hans

The PC12 works without any problems in P3Dv3. If you don't know how to do it manually (Just changing the registry entry is not enough) then buy the Migration Tool. Should do the trick.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Has anyone had luck with a fresh install, starting at P3D v3.1 with the Estonia migration tool?  I am making the jump on a fresh Windows machine, starting at P3D v3.1

Thanks,

Brad

Brad Johnson, ASEL, Instrument Rated.

FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3.1

PMDG, A2A, Flight1, Wilco

ORBX, Active Sky Next, REX

Greetings

Yes the eastonia migration tool works

Still P3d V3 other that eye candy does not utilize the Pc12 like FSX does in fact I wished I waited for P3d V6 or beyond 

Dreamer

I know this is older, but I just bought P3D V3.3, no 2.5 or 2.0, and I don't have the migration tool. Is there any other way I can install this, or just pray that Carenado released the 3.0+ installer?

The Estonia Migration Tool is bullet-proof - the easiest 15 bucks you ever spent.

• Upvote 1

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I've installed the PC 12 into P3D v3.4.9 using the Migration Tool.  Thought it was all working fine, but have now found that the HSI heading and course line adjuster knobs will only shift round in ten degree increments.  I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the case for me in FSX or P3D v2.5 which I've had previously. 

Bit of a bummer for me as I fly a lot of IFR.

Oh, and also the third battery is dead on start-up (no blue light and power when switching on the standby bus).  Have to start now with the two main batteries switched on first.  No big deal, but it shows that that there are small compatibility problems in 3.4.9.

I still have my problems.  Is your P3D version 3.4.9?  Confirm that don't have the issues I have as above?

My PC-12 works well in PD3V3.4.9. I did install it in PD3V3.1 originally using the migration tool.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz