Sign in to follow this  
Luis_KMIA

Taking the P3D Plunge Today

Hi Luis,

Yeah - sounds like we have comparable systems as well 2700k and a GTX 570 w/2.5GB... Are you running OC ? The Sandy's over clock well and mines been running at 4.5Ghz for years...

Loaded P3D, ASN, and REX last night - pretty impressive - going toad FTX and UTX tonight....

OBTW: The tail beacon on the Bonanza doesn't seem to work...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I will probably swap my GTX 580 card from 2011 to a GTX 990 since this program does use the GPU more.

WOW! You're gonna use a video card that doesn't even exist in stores yet? Now THAT's cutting edge! :P

WOW! You're gonna use a video card that doesn't even exist in stores yet? Now THAT's cutting edge! :P

980 that is! :)

Hi Luis,

Yeah - sounds like we have comparable systems as well 2700k and a GTX 570 w/2.5GB... Are you running OC ? The Sandy's over clock well and mines been running at 4.5Ghz for years...

Loaded P3D, ASN, and REX last night - pretty impressive - going toad FTX and UTX tonight....

OBTW: The tail beacon on the Bonanza doesn't seem to work...

Regards,

Scott

I think Jetline Systems provided me w/ an overclocked system.  I think I found a good balance.  About to go from FlightBeam KIAD to FlyTampa OMDB on PMDG 777.  20+ FPS in cockpit and the visuals of P3D still look richer than FSX. 

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Hi Luis,

Yeah - just bumped my frame rate lock up to 25 - haven't added any airports or planes yet... Loading FTX and UTX as we speak...

;)

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

One thing for newbies to P3D to be aware of - generally speaking, the lowest slider setting in P3D is about equal to the highest setting in FSX. So if you slam the sliders full bore - expect a slide show.

Best recommendation is to accept the P3D default settings and fly with them for a while to get a feel for the sim and then make small adjustments as you go. When you get the right balance between CPU/GPU you'll know it. Don't chase FPS, go for smooth operation at whatever FPS you get.

Vic

Very good post Vic,  Through watching your posts over the last year i aimed for smoothness over FPS and it worked a treat.  I have a powerful system and i still lock my frames at 30/32, i keep my sliders up enough to enjoy the visuals but aim for smoothness all the time 

One thing for newbies to P3D to be aware of - generally speaking, the lowest slider setting in P3D is about to the highest setting in FSX. So if you slam the sliders full bore - expect a slide show.

Best recommendation is to accept the P3D default settings and fly with them for a while to get a feel for the sim and then make small adjustments as you go. When you get the right balance between CPU/GPU you'll know it. Don't chase FPS, go for smooth operation at whatever FPS you get.

Vic

100% correct, I got my smooth at 21 locked FPS, with the sliders at middle/max, and I have a i7 4970k overclocked over a 970gtx also overclocked... the only think that is bothering me is some cloud dissapearing with the last ASN version.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I got the "a problem caused P3Dto stop working" error halfway through the 777 flight, but I just did a short hop on the 737 with no problems.  I'm sure there'll some teething pains, but I really like the program and got my FPS in the high 10s/low 20s at the FSDT/FlyTampa quaility airports,  These go up quite a bit in the night, so I'll see if thre are any daytime visuals I can still tweak to my liking.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

One thing for newbies to P3D to be aware of - generally speaking, the lowest slider setting in P3D is about equal to the highest setting in FSX. So if you slam the sliders full bore - expect a slide show.

Vic

Good advice.

Regards

Lamar Wright

I think that "lowest settings in P3D are equal to the medium settings in FSX" is probably closer to the truth.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think that "lowest settings in P3D are equal to the medium settings in FSX" is probably closer to the truth.

Agree!.  They are working very well.

LUIS LINARES

Almost two weeks into my P3D experience, and my only complaint is why I waited so long to get it.  With med to high display settings it actually has better FPS than my FSX SE in higher settings.

I was wondering if anyone knew more about the intricacies of add-on scenery on P3D v3.  Some developers announce when they have new installers for v3 compatibility.  I own a large number of add-on sceneries and have all my FSDT, FlightBeam, and FlyTampa installed and running smoothly since their v3 updates.  Should I wait for my other scenery packages to be v3 ready, or is running them in P3D v3 easier than that?  Just curious.

LUIS LINARES