Sign in to follow this  
Cyclopean

Airplane not holding FMC-displayed magenta speed in cruise

Hello All,

I apologize if this issue has been addressed before...I'm flying the 747 in FSX on a Windows 7 platform. Everything thing is normal during the climb profile, but as soon as the airplane levels off in cruise, it begins to accelerate beyond the speed assigned by the FMC and I have no clue why.

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading.

Hello again,

I believe I have solved the problem and no longer require assistance. I clicked on the VNAV button and "SPD" now displays on the tape in the MFD.

The airplane is now maintaining the proper speed.

Thank you so much and kind regards!

Peter, it appears I was climbing at first using TOGA and then that changed to VNAV SPD, but when I clicked on the VNAV button on the glareshiled, THR REF appeared on the tape that was blank before. After that all seemed to be okay. Hope this makes sense to you.

Best regards!