Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

XPX: beautiful Rotate Sim MD-80 EDDH to EGCC

Guest Mik75

Now with 2k texture set!

The gain in performance made me want to do a spontaneous twitch stream with this beauty.

I hope you don´t mind some impressions of this very nice flight:

d4ktc5bp32mpfydon.jpg

d4ktcb4z8eaznjd8n.jpg

d4ktchu1mzfjvkafb.jpg

d4ktcp4wamwccz7if.jpg

d4ktcw63g9h9woptz.jpg

d4ktd31135b5htgav.jpg

d4ktdbe072wyf2xfr.jpg

d4ktdildl0b7gkgjr.jpg

d4ktdq2frb7rdxwp3.jpg

d4ktdwi0a5dw0bkjr.jpg

d4kte4wpy0rnsqd3b.jpg

d4ktece1txuf5w72f.jpg

d4ktej9kktce2rhs7.jpg

d4kteqo0ptas1ods7.jpg

d4ktex8j4jhfxudhj.jpg

SMP v3, FS Global Real Weather, tweaked art controls, Aerosoft EDDH & EGCC

Excellent shots Michael,  real terra haze really does look fantastic 

Guest Mik75

Excellent shots Michael,  real terra haze really does look fantastic

Thanks a lot! ;-)

I don´t use RTH, I always tweak the art controls manually (by using the DataRef Editor).

Really,  well that's very cool.  You big nerd you   :smile:    Looks great 

Nice shots. Something about X-Plane that gives a truly realistic 'atmospheric' <word of the week on avsim - look. 

I also find that within REX studio's offerings and FS9.  Both XPX and FS9 has the real-world look. Why FSX and P3D went to  pastel colored, washed out, non vibrant color pallets has always beat me in understanding. That was the first critique ever with my first using FSX at RTM.

If XPX ever got the lovin' such as from ORBX-style, for world graphics...well...I'd be in the poor house, and probably a fresh divorcee...but would STILL run that possible gauntlet....  I can only imagine ORBX'esque REGIONS, for Xplane...and of course...with Xplane's color pallets tweaked by Real Terra Haze...what a combo THAT would become...  Hey John V....get your feet wet....try something different... 

Agree 100%. Hence my love for FS9. Still not convinced yet of P3d either. But I'm interested in X-plane. It has much going for it.  A few more add-ons and developers would help. I see PMDG might be making the NGX available? Might be a start for more to follow. 

Jon, the planes are coming, that's for sure.  Having a blast learning FMC management for the Rotate MD80.

A lot of hobbyists are  doing their part for trying to go above and beyond the always 'summer' season of Xplane to date.  Having said that though...John V. is a business man, and he will follow the scent of money, if he sees enough 'migration' from Microsoft-based, or a co-existence on a user's hard drive.  He'll have his umbrella org start making releases.  

I do have one suspicion though...and that is, that I believe beyond a doubt, that there are many FSX and P3D 'solely' proclaimed users that have already purchased XPlane...are using it, but for whatever reason(s), don't want to come out of the closet, in that regard.  They should, though.  John V. monitors AVSIM, whether he admits he does, or not. Doesn't matter...but if he sees an increasing base from those that ONLY had proclaimed usage of both M.S. based products...it would give him the needed impetus to at least consider now releasing regions, global, whatever, for XP.  

Just my thoughts.  We are living in an enlightened age...and it's ok to come out of the closet......  :wink:

Jon, the planes are coming, that's for sure.  Having a blast learning FMC management for the Rotate MD80.

A lot of hobbyists are  doing their part for trying to go above and beyond the always 'summer' season of Xplane to date.  Having said that though...John V. is a business man, and he will follow the scent of money, if he sees enough 'migration' from Microsoft-based, or a co-existence on a user's hard drive.  He'll have his umbrella org start making releases.  

I do have one suspicion though...and that is, that I believe beyond a doubt, that there are many FSX and P3D 'solely' proclaimed users that have already purchased XPlane...are using it, but for whatever reason(s), don't want to come out of the closet, in that regard.  They should, though.  John V. monitors AVSIM, whether he admits he does, or not. Doesn't matter...but if he sees an increasing base from those that ONLY had proclaimed usage of both M.S. based products...it would give him the needed impetus to at least consider now releasing regions, global, whatever, for XP.  

Just my thoughts.  We are living in an enlightened age...and it's ok to come out of the closet......  :wink:

Mitch, I purchased XP 10 last week and still waiting for it to arrive. I took the plunge and i'm sure I'll be glad I did. I believe someday X plane will have 4 seasons. Great shots Michael!!!!

Regards

Lamar Wright

Guest Mik75

Thanks a lot, guys!

Although it has its flaws, the Rotate Sim MD-80 is really a highly enjoyable addon for me!

Mitch, I purchased XP 10 last week and still waiting for it to arrive. I took the plunge and i'm sure I'll be glad I did. I believe someday X plane will have 4 seasons. Great shots Michael!!!!

You'll love it!  Just took the Rotate MD80 for jaunt out of KFNT....it's expensive...but you might want to pick this up, when you wish. Great immersion, sights, sounds, feel...and especially with X-Camera