Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[12DEC15] At the PMDG Sim Center- I want to fly a.....

PMDG Sim Center Selection Poll  

629 members have voted

1. 1. At the PMDG Sim Center, I would most like to fly a:

• PMDG 737NGX (all variants that are modeled in this product)
    • PMDG 777-200LR/F/300ER [200ER and 300 available at future date]
    • PMDG 747-400/F/ER/BCF/LCF/M
    • PMDG 747-8/F

Can't wait to replace my 737 Sim-Avionics setup with something that actually works....

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

As much as I love the 747, I had to go with the 737. I want to play with switches!  :BigGrin:  :BigGrin:  :BigGrin:

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad that I'm moving out of Washington, DC.  Happy because my bank account won't suffer when I'm spending my weekend in Manassas, sad because it will be harder for me to get out there (although I'll be coming back to DC a lot).

Manassas Airport will hold a special place in my heart during my time in DC.  My wife bought me my first flight lesson there and I got to spend the afternoon checking out some old warbirds such as a B17 and  B29 this past summer.   The was an incredible day.

Looking forward to checking out the sim when I'll be back in DC for frequent work trips.  That's an expensive Uber ride :)

Chris B. Trane

I will take my son, we will drive  and we will replicate the "guys" weekend in Washington we did some time ago.

We will visit the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, the Air and Space Museum and then,

fly our booked time in whatever simulator PMDG has ready.

(How can anybody choose? I have trouble choosing what to fly on my PC, let alone in a full-sized simulator!)

We will likely be smiling all the way back to Toronto.

Roberto

PS: Very good choice, PMDG folks, on that FDS partnership.

(and I ain't saying that only because they are 10 minutes away :-) :-))

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Chris-

DC has a gravity tractor beam.  I managed to escape it for 7.5 magnificent years- but I got sucked back into the vortex....

Roberto,

Yes...  Peter and I started discussing this process back in 2013... possibly even earlier...  it has taken far longer than either of us realized, but FDS makes a great partner to work with.  We thoroughly enjoy working with them.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Exciting stuff! 

But I need to be able to vote for all of them.

But I did vote for the 744. Because this is the flight deck of my dreams :)

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Can't wait to replace our 737 Sim-Avionics setup here in Montreal with something that actually works....

We used a project magenta setup in our Full 737 cockpit, and have had our fair share of issues. Most people actually recommend Sim Avionics, I am curious to hear what problems you have had and would you recommend them or not?

We used a project magenta setup in our Full 737 cockpit, and have had our fair share of issues. Most people actually recommend Sim Avionics, I am curious to hear what problems you have had and would you recommend them or not?

Everything disconnects often for no reason,

VNAV is messed up,

Descent profiles will never get you to the right place,

Throttles would not register inputs below a certain point (not a hardware issue)

No working failures, 

From the FMS the aircraft can only be repositionned on runways,

Resetting the aircraft position from the FMS does not take into account Magnetic Variation or custom sceneries, 

Weather presets are messed up in P3D because of the unit change in SimConnect, 

And those are the things I can remember right now but there are more... 

Most avionics suites currently available our there are pretty archaic and often made by a single person or a very small group of people. Having support for those is pretty hard and requires a lot of time and dedication. There are no simple solutions.

But after troubleshooting Sim-Avionics for just over a year, I can say that anything PMDG can come up with is better than what we currently have.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I think if this poll came out after the release of the 747 v2, it would be a much tighter race with the 737 and 777.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Everything disconnects often for no reason,

VNAV is messed up,

Descent profiles will never get you to the right place,

Throttles would not register inputs below a certain point (not a hardware issue)

No working failures, 

From the FMS the aircraft can only be repositionned on runways,

Resetting the aircraft position from the FMS does not take into account Magnetic Variation or custom sceneries, 

Weather presets are messed up in P3D because of the unit change in SimConnect, 

And those are the things I can remember right now but there are more... 

Most avionics suites currently available our there are pretty archaic and often made by a single person or a very small group of people. Having support for those is pretty hard and requires a lot of time and dedication. There are no simple solutions.

But after troubleshooting Sim-Avionics for just over a year, I can say that anything PMDG can come up with is better than what we currently have.

Wow, I can relate to some of those issues with Project magenta, especially the horrible VNAV and AT behavior being way aggressive, along with slim to nil on product support. 

What about the Pro-Sim 737, I think thats what FDS recommends.

Wow, I can relate to some of those issues with Project magenta, especially the horrible VNAV and AT behavior being way aggressive, along with slim to nil on product support. 

What about the Pro-Sim 737, I think thats what FDS recommends.

FDS are partnered with Sim-Avionics. From what Steve told me, they are pretty much on par. Pro-Sim also has many glitches and it all depends on what you're after. 

I would imagine FDS will partner with PMDG once the avionics suite is released. 

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Oh I will put my butt on that pilot chair for sure place since I will be visiting DCC next year.

My choice is the 737 even though I'm a 777F fanboi. More switches and more short routes to fly.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Now if you were offering a WoodPidgeon, I would be interested...

+1

Dan Downs KCRP