Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

FS Real Time and P3Dv3

I have obviously missed the 'Handbags at Dawn' incident and will most probably be moved on by the Mod Police - but - aren't we supposed to just purchase this software, install it, run it and make a few 'In-Sim' adjustments to achieve an acceptable (within the restrictions of our own hardware), simulation of Flight? 

What on Earth is all this Techno-Babble about Core parking, CPU, Memory and IO  priority for Addons all about? 

@simmer2050, With all due respect, the days of squeezing the very last kb out of an Atari 64 are a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. 

This is P3D. Get a machine that will run it comfortably.

To the OP - Apologies that this will be of no help whatsoever in solving your immediate problem, however, I have probably saved you a couple of years of your time (and a lot of money) in becoming qualified as a Certified Microsoft Programmer. [Trust Me on that one].

Regards,

I own a license of FS RealTime. This latest re-format i did of my system however I was to lazy to install everything so I just made my system UTC time and added a second local clock. 

I just click on set to system time and im always ZULU....lol

9ilbt83.jpg

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

@Jessica

Thanks for the tip, that would be my move.

Does FsRealtime use Widefs7 or Simconnect

cheers

@JL Seagull

I am running Win7 GTX TitanX  i7490K @4.8Ghz sometimes 4.84Ghz on a cool day .

Using 3SSD raid for system drive

Using 2SSD raid for p3d drive

My P3D experience is fantastically smooth, even in bad weather with tons of clouds.

Start adding addons to this setup, and the smoothness disappears into stutters even @4.8Ghz, worst part is approach and landing.

And in my case, on my machine as I added, Fscommander,ASN,Fscaptain, Airhauler, AirManager Gauges, Flight1 GTN 750

Basically unless you using CERN's computer, you gona get stutters in p3d mine running @4.8Ghz when all these addons kick in. 

And in each case as I added each new addon and reduced its resource use till p3d was smooth, I used Processlaso for this job using cpu/io/memory/ throttling/task suspend /task kill options offered in laso, plus its pro balance mechanism which you want for all other programs except p3D. By the end p3d was smooth.

Was doing ok till AirHauler entered the mix, the biggest cpu hugger addon ever using nearly same cpu load as p3d

Tried all the io/cpu/memory staving did not allow p3d smooth with Airhauler, until I applied the throttling option from laso to airhauler and p3d was smooth again. Note that same throttling option just caused more stutters with ProATC

For proatc to get smooth I reduced its cpu/io/memeory but gave it 4 cores instead of 2, and p3d was smooth, all using laso for each addon.

But now all that is history, moved all the addons to network, its even better than anything laso can do for you on server machine.

For example I was amazed when throttling AirHauler allowed p3d smooth, but the solution also means AirHauler GUI window is very slow, but only way to keep things smooth on server machine.

Its a complex product, but solves problems created with addons resources use unlike anyother out there as a one stop shop, better yet move to network.

Glad to hear FsRealTime will network, even better  if it uses widefs, cause that requires almost no setup.

Failing that, Laso goes with P3D, like a toolbox to any engine. Its complex, can break stuff,  but its great when used only as much as you understand what its doing.