Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

Desent profile and speed

I fly this bird like an 'ol lady . When i use to sit up front in our company jet for Echo bay from Edmonton to Yellowknife  and Lupin they would leave cruise in the 727 cut the throttles right back and down to 2,500 feet per min and it would speed to about 250 knots on the way down and about 10 mi out they would start hanging every thing out . So this one in the GTN 750 i changed the profile in the Utilities  -VCALC section to 2,500 ft per min.  but what speed do i keep at to desend? Lots to learn on this thing  the Speed select i still don't have a clue . 

Since no one has answered i've been playing around with it and i power back to 60 to 65% power and it gives me going down hill at about 250 knots and works pretty good. I've been using the settings from this real test flight i posted below  and that also seems to be good   -they powered to 85% N1 in cruise and had .75 Mach and and this bird it's pretty well bang on .Having a lot of trouble using FLC  so i have to do some more reading .

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/flight-test-embraer-phenom-300-341010/

Louis8,

I assembled a REF Card with the speeds for Takeoff, Climb, Cruise, Approach and Landing. I will be including this 'printable' card in my Avsim review of the Carenado Phenom 300.

You can watch the outstanding video series featuring this plane in FSX being flown by a real world instrument rated pilot on a delivery flight from Brazil to Kansas. The last leg is being finalized by FSMANIA.COM this week.

Using your referenced Flight Global flight test numbers and what you can glean from the video series you will certainly be close to the design profiles.

I am not at my PC with all my data, but I will PM you later this coming week with the profiles and speeds that I use based on the real world manuals.

Glad you are enjoying the Phenom 300. It is my favorite also.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ok thanks Ray , i looked for your review on Avism couple days ago and didn't see it , Anything  by  FSMANIA.COM is done good so looking forward to it . 

Louis8,

I assembled a REF Card with the speeds for Takeoff, Climb, Cruise, Approach and Landing. I will be including this 'printable' card in my Avsim review of the Carenado Phenom 300.

You can watch the outstanding video series featuring this plane in FSX being flown by a real world instrument rated pilot on a delivery flight from Brazil to Kansas. The last leg is being finalized by FSMANIA.COM this week.

Using your referenced Flight Global flight test numbers and what you can glean from the video series you will certainly be close to the design profiles.

I am not at my PC with all my data, but I will PM you later this coming week with the profiles and speeds that I use based on the real world manuals.

Glad you are enjoying the Phenom 300. It is my favorite also.

Regards,

Ray

Is there anyway you could PM me the REF card with all the speeds? Also do you know when your review of the 300 will be posted? Thanks -Ryan

Is there anyway you could PM me the REF card with all the speeds? Also do you know when your review of the 300 will be posted? Thanks -Ryan

The Phenom 300 review could appear any day now. It is totally up to the volunteers that work as Review Editors. Sometimes several reviews hit their desk at the same time, sometimes they are also writing reviews, and on top of that, they have their own day jobs, families and careers,

Regards,

Ray

The Phenom 300 review could appear any day now. It is totally up to the volunteers that work as Review Editors. Sometimes several reviews hit their desk at the same time, sometimes they are also writing reviews, and on top of that, they have their own day jobs, families and careers,

Regards,

Ray

Okay Thanks, looking forward to reading the review. Do you like the plane? Also do you use the GTN 750 instead of the G1000? I plan on getting the plane but don't know if I should spend the extra $50 for the 750. Thanks - Ryan

Okay Thanks, looking forward to reading the review. Do you like the plane? Also do you use the GTN 750 instead of the G1000? I plan on getting the plane but don't know if I should spend the extra $50 for the 750. Thanks - Ryan

Hello Ryan,

Yes. I like he Phenom 300 very much. It is my favorite light jet due to speed, modern design, performance, and ramp appeal. That big cabin door outclasses the competition. The hand flying is perfect and it is designed for single pilot operation.

I only use Bert's GTN750 mod that is actually more than just adding the GTN750. It looks built-in, has a large clear screen, and is packed with smart and useful features. Adding the GTN is all positive. You don't have to give up anything.

The engine monitoring gauges and Synoptics are really useful and easy to find in the MFD.

I personally am not a FMS fan so I don't use any of those features when flying.

You get a lot for your money when purchasing the Flight1 GTNs including world class support and the bonus is it will work in every airplane you own (popup). Bert has lead the community effort for custom installations and Carenado, RealAir, ESDG, Milviz, and other developers are including custom installers with some of their add ons.

Read the info at Flight1 for the GTN FSX version and also at their other site if you use P3D. Follow the link from the F1 site. Those are separate purchases but well worth it.

I rank the Phenom 300 as the best in class add on. I'm confident Carenado will eventually get all the glitches in their FMS figured out. The autopilot is still not perfect but does work even though it requires extra patience at times.

I am amazed we can get this much sophistication with outstanding textures inside and out and the boatload of Embraer designed features to even work in FSX/P3D.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray, is the review out at Avsim that you put together? cause  i don't seem to see it, cause i never heard from you on the speed chart so i was just wondering how you were making out ..  

Hi Ray, is the review out at Avsim that you put together? cause  i don't seem to see it, cause i never heard from you on the speed chart so i was just wondering how you were making out ..

Maybe today on the speed charts. Very soon on the review arriving on the front page.

Regards,

Ray

Here are a some speed numbers for the Phenom 300 and approach/landing charts.

Regards,

Ray

Enjoy.

98 Takeoff example.jpg

99 Appoach Data chart.jpg

VREF Speed Chart.JPG

Normal Takeoff.JPG

Visual approach.JPG

Non-precision approach.JPG

ILS approach.JPG

engine out approach.JPG

Circling Approach.JPG