Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Whch Version Of P3d To Purchase

I am wanting to add P3Dv3 to my array of FS software.

Which license do I purchase?  Academic or Pro?

Do I have to prove that I am a student.

Thanks

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

The only answer you will ever get here is "Whichever most closely matches your use".  Student = actually in school/undergrad college, otherwise look at the others (so, for all practical purposes, Professional unless you are a developer or similar).

And no, you don't have to prove your student status if you go for the Academic edition (and it's incredibly unlikely that LM would ever audit this post-purchase, so don't worry about keeping proof "just in case").

The only answer you will ever get here is "Whichever most closely matches your use".  Student = actually in school/undergrad college, otherwise look at the others (so, for all practical purposes, Professional unless you are a developer or similar).

And no, you don't have to prove your student status if you go for the Academic edition (and it's incredibly unlikely that LM would ever audit this post-purchase, so don't worry about keeping proof "just in case").

Will I still be able to use my IFly 747/737 and my 3rd party scenery in the academic version?

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Will I still be able to use my IFly 747/737 and my 3rd party scenery in the academic version?

Yes, you will.

Adam

Yes.  Everything is the same when it comes to what's included and what you can do/use with it.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yes.  Everything is the same when it comes to what's included and what you can do/use with it.

To be specific, whilst the licences are very different as to who may use it and for what puropse, the only technical difference between Academic and Pro is the presence of a small watermark in the top right hand corner of the screen.  This has no impact on addons or other functionality.

One thing to note is if you plan on purchasing A2A products, they have a pricing structure that charges for for buying an A2A product for an academic license compared to a pro license. For instance, the C172, Skylake 182, Cherokee, and Comanche aircraft for the academic license is $49.99 each, but for the pro license it is $79.99. Same functionality by the way. I think that might be the only third party developer charges more money for the pro license though, but I though I would mention that in case you are interested in A2A products.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

But it should be noted the academic vs pro license for A2A is just that, a license for the A2A product. Even if you have the P3D academic license, A2A will happily let you use the Pro license of their product...or vice versa.

Chris

Also, if you plan to purchase VRS TacPack, this can only be used with the Academic license.

Do I have to prove that I am a student.

No.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

To be specific, whilst the licences are very different as to who may use it and for what puropse, the only technical difference between Academic and Pro is the presence of a small watermark in the top right hand corner of the screen.  This has no impact on addons or other functionality.

Was the "academic" watermark part of what is displayed with the various "SHIFT-Z" toggles, or is it ALWAYS there even if hide those info lines..?

Was the "academic" watermark part of what is displayed with the various "SHIFT-Z" toggles, or is it ALWAYS there even if hide those info lines..?

It can't be removed.

It is always there, but you quickly forget that it is there. I forgot about it all together until it was brought up here. You never notice it.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing