Sign in to follow this  
DatJarDoh

Can I switch my copy of the PMDG77W (FSX) for the P3D?

Can I switch my copy of the PMDG77W (FSX) for the P3D? Please, I'm begging you.  I really miss it. Since it was the same price, I thought we could workout something.

-Jarvis He

Yes, you can.  For the small fee of $134.99.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yes, you can.  For the small fee of $134.99.

No... I meant the addon, the 777-300ER. I have the 777-200LR for P3D.

still the same  answer  you have  to purchase  it  again for  p3d

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Oh, in that case, yes, you still can.  For a smaller fee of $29.99.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

still the same  answer  you have  to purchase  it  again for  p3d

Oh, in that case, yes, you still can.  For a smaller fee of $29.99.

Wow... Thanks for all the sarcastic answers. :( 

Can I switch my copy of the PMDG77W (FSX) for the P3D? Please, I'm begging you. I really miss it. Since it was the same price, I thought we could workout something.

-Jarvis He

Jarvis, this has been asked more times than you can imagine. They are separate licenses and are sold indivually. Also, no refunds or exchanges on digital purchases.

If PMDG made an exception for you, then they would be forced to make an exception for everyone who wants to do the same thing.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Can I switch my copy of the PMDG77W (FSX) for the P3D?

PMDG is not your local Walmart.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Jarvis,

Perhaps a question of this nature would be best posted on the Official PMDG website, where there too, it has been, canvassed innumerable times. They do not offer 'a try before you buy' option. Like most of us, I' m stuck with the FSX version that will never be used again, but that's the nature of this hobby.

Hey, they are in business to make money (and incidentally, to most interesting, well designed and authentic simulations available).  FSX is inexpensive compared to P3D, so bite the bullet and pay the licence fee.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Just to add this  before this  gets locked,  no one forced you into going  the p3d  way  and  you knew  that pmdg were going  to have  the extra  cost  due  to the p3d  licensing  etc so  you can argue  all you like its not  getting  you no where..  So as  James has  said  pay the extra

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Or.... keep FSX installed and make it dedicated to the 777 (including your -300 addon).

That's what I've done and it's a very practical solution.  No cockpit shadows?   So what! :smile:   I don't tend to fly the PMDG birds for fancy but rough-edged shadows - I fly them for the technical and immersive mastery of the airplanes. 

I use P3Dv3 for all simming now - except the PMDG 777 and MD-11.   The additional benefit of this is that you can configure your FSX purely for these birds (settings, other addons installed, etc), so you don't need to keep changing settings as you do when changing from complex airliners, GA, etc.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Can I switch my copy of the PMDG77W (FSX) for the P3D? Please, I'm begging you.  I really miss it. Since it was the same price, I thought we could workout something.

-Jarvis He

Looking at Jarvis's Post count, his age and the date he joined, he is pretty new to this.   Jarvis asked a question in a friendly way.  I don't think there's any need for the type of answers he got.    

• Upvote 2

Looking at Jarvis's Post count, his age and the date he joined, he is pretty new to this.   Jarvis asked a question in a friendly way.  I don't think there's any need for the type of answers he got.    

Avsim doesn't do friendly Elaine, unfortunately. You have sarcastic, condescending, abrasive and downright abusive, but friendly is rare. Wish there were more people that thought like you here.

• Upvote 2

Interesting the things that happen when you leave the forum alone for a while...

To summarize:

• We do not offer license transfers
  • The P3D version must be purchased if you'd like to use the P3D version, just as the FSX version must be purchased if you'd like to use the FSX version
  • The reasons for why are clearly documented in a number of threads here (and as someone who is re-purchasing a number of airports and aircraft in X-Plane, I know this pain all too well)

Kyle Rodgers