Well I'm just about pulling what's left of my hair out.

My Saitek yoke and pedals were working ok when I made the mistake of trying to update the drivers (Madcatz)

The installer got as far as telling me to plug in the yoke, I did, nothing. The 'NEXT' button just won't enable.

I tried uninstalling the current drivers and that made things worse. Windows 10 wouldn't even start.

I've managed to get into Windows now but if I plug in the yoke then unplug it Windows hangs.

The display on the front of the yoke is now showing 'FrlrLc' which, I'm sure is not right.

So now: Can't use the yoke, can't uninstall old drivers fully, can't install new drivers.

In Windows device manager I press 'update drivers', it seems to find them but tells me there is a problem and can't install them and points me in the direction of the manufacturer (no help there then).

ANY help on assisting me to sort this out would be most appreciated.

TIA

BR

• Upvote 3

Blackrat

Sure

I contacted the Saitek customer support service. They were very helpful and managed to sort things out quickly - highly recommended if you have a Saitek problem you can't sort out.

For this particular problem the reply from Saitek was the following:

Could you please right click on the Unknown device entry in device manager, select Update driver. You'll need to choose 'Let me pick...' and then choose the first device - Generic USB Device or similar - NOT the Yoke one.

Once that entry becomes "Generic USB Device or similar" you can start the Madcatz yoke driver install.

My mistake was a simple one and perhaps understandable.

When trying to install the new driver I was electing to install it as a YOKE rather than a generic USB device.

Once I understood that it all went smoothly and I have my yoke back.

Best of luck and don't forget that Saitek Customer Support is only an email away.

Blackrat

Sure

I contacted the Saitek customer support service. They were very helpful and managed to sort things out quickly - highly recommended if you have a Saitek problem you can't sort out.

For this particular problem the reply from Saitek was the following:

Could you please right click on the Unknown device entry in device manager, select Update driver. You'll need to choose 'Let me pick...' and then choose the first device - Generic USB Device or similar - NOT the Yoke one.

Once that entry becomes "Generic USB Device or similar" you can start the Madcatz yoke driver install.

My mistake was a simple one and perhaps understandable.

When trying to install the new driver I was electing to install it as a YOKE rather than a generic USB device.

Once I understood that it all went smoothly and I have my yoke back.

Best of luck and don't forget that Saitek Customer Support is only an email away.

I did what you said but no way to make it working generic or the yoke itself, but yesterday after several try I found the driver from the saitek CD and the Yoke went back to duty by installing the driver manually.

Now my question is why I could fix with the w7 driver and not the new one from the madcatz, it should work better with windows 10 driver.

The only difference raised on the resource manager is that the HID have the name Pro Flight Yoke (HID)  instead of USB have Saitek Pro Flight Yoke (USB) they normally have the same name.

Thank's for reply

Just had this issue on Win10. Here's what worked for me:

Go to Device Manager and find your stick/yoke or a device showing as Unknown Device.

Right click, Update Drivers...

Browse my computer for driver

In the path box, type C:\windows\winsxs and hit enter. This should install the driver generically, then you can run the Saitek driver installer to complete the setup.

Hope this helps someone!

• Upvote 4

Go to Device Manager and find your stick/yoke or a device showing as Unknown Device.

In the path box, type C:\windows\winsxs and hit enter. This should install the driver generically, then you can run the Saitek driver installer to complete the setup.

Hope this helps someone!

thank you this just helped me !!!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hope this helps someone!

I was about ready to throw it out of the window. Thanks so much, you have no idea!

brandon garcia

I tried the above and my new Saitek Yoke lit up for the first time with the generic driver. Hurray. Unfortunately, when I ran the Saitek driver the device jumped from unknown device to Saitek Yoke and stopped working again. What did I do wrong?

Thanks for getting me this far at least. Right now it's a $500 paper weight.

Art

There's an interesting thread at the IL2 BoS Forums, that points a solution and also a link to the MADCATZ site explainning it:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/22605-how-install-saitek-cyborg-evo-force-64-bit-ffb-drivers/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

.this little trick with C:\windows\winsxs, is working on all Saitek devices but not on the Switch Panel, which after installing the driver is only

partially functioning 

Win7 64Bit FSX SE

Any idea ?

Cheers

Yair . 

worked for me, thanks

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Hope this helps someone!

Thank you so much!! That worked like a charm!! Funny thing is everything was working fine until I upgraded my video card, then everything went sideways with my Saitek yoke.

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks buddy. This just saved me as well!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12