On 7/23/2016 at 8:19 PM, tantonovich said:

Just had this issue on Win10. Here's what worked for me:

Go to Device Manager and find your stick/yoke or a device showing as Unknown Device.

Right click, Update Drivers...

Browse my computer for driver

In the path box, type C:\windows\winsxs and hit enter. This should install the driver generically, then you can run the Saitek driver installer to complete the setup.

Hope this helps someone!

Excellent solution for this issue, thanks !

Zachary

zachlog

Hello,

I am running into same issue after upgrade to Windows Creator. Have the Flight Yoke, two throttle quadrants, and rudder pedals.  Yoke stopped working after update. The yoke does not even show up anymore on the HID section. I start the Win 10 64 bit driver install for the Yoke and like everyone else, it hangs at plug in the USB device. When I do that and look at my device manager, I find the rudder and throttle quadrants there, but no unknown device becomes apparent to follow through on these recommendations.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Greg

Greg Clark

On 7/23/2016 at 8:19 PM, tantonovich said:

Go to Device Manager and find your stick/yoke or a device showing as Unknown Device.

In the path box, type C:\windows\winsxs and hit enter. This should install the driver generically, then you can run the Saitek driver installer to complete the setup.

Hope this helps someone!

After spending hours researching I tried this method and it worked flawlesly. The one extra step I performed was that I went to C:\windows\temp\madcatz folder and deleted the software and drivers folders so when I reinstalled them it would be a fresh install. Thanks and I hope everyone gets it fixed so we can continue to enjoy our sim flying time instead of wasting it trying to figure things out which can be very frustrating. Happy flying.

On 24/07/2016 at 2:19 AM, tantonovich said:

Hope this helps someone!

OMG

A big big big thank's for man.

Just Amasing solution.....

You are the best....

Hello,

I have a Saitek pro flight yoke , purchased in 2008.
 It worked very fine in WIN 7 FS2004.
 Now in WIN 10 v1709 build 16299,19  P3D v 3.4.22 and IFLY v3.22.
 I downloaded the driver from this site.They are proper installed and working,

HOWEVER, after shutdown PC and  starting up 5 min later, i have to unplug and plug in again,
 or it will not work.. This is a situation almost 2 years going on.I was in contact with Saitek, and they could not help me. This time i hope Logitech has better driver.Until now ,no progress.
 I figured out that Microsoft does not SUPPORT this program any more.
 My question  can you help me with a solution ???

I got an answer from Logitech and it says /         shorted the version ,

This helps until i kill the power and do the unplug and plug in again with the usb connection.

This means it does't recognized it  , until unplug and plug in.The driver install should be good,because i could follow it , in a windows box with a green line bar.

Need some help,

Hugo

Basically my way of effecting the installation of the correct driver is very similar:

Use <Device Manager> and right click on Saitek Pro Yoke if there under <Human Interface Devices>, or <Unknown Device> if not. Right click on it and left click on <Update Drivers>.

Next left click on "Browse my computer for ............... "

In the next window, left click on "Let me pick from a list ............ "

You will now have a choice of <Pro Flight Yoke> OR <USB Device>

Left click on <USB Device>  :ohmy:

Correct! Do NOT click on <Pro Flight Yoke> - it's NOT a Yoke, it's a USB device!

Your computer will now load the correct driver and the Yoke and its associated Throttle Quadrant will come back to life. There is no need to run any Saitek driver installer program.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.4, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;

On 7/24/2016 at 1:19 AM, tantonovich said:

Hope this helps someone!

Thank you!  This also just worked in my scenario too...I can only put it down to one of the latest Win10 updatesm, since it was working fine before, but this location found a driver which installed successfully.