Sign in to follow this  
Jim Robinson

A Load Of GA Randoms From The Last Two Months

"Random" means I can't remember the story behind them anymore! Anyway I thinned down about 500 shots to just these 20 and emptied out the v-key folder. There's even a shot of the default FSX Lear 45! All shots are from P3D v3 except the last which is from FSX-MS. Click on any screenshot to see them all full sized in an external gallery arrangement, hope you like 'em and thanks for looking!

Jim

f406_07.jpg

f406_09.jpg

f406_10.jpg

KMGJ_06.jpg

KMGJ_14.jpg

black_rock11.jpg

black_rock14.jpg

black_rock16.jpg

EGCC_ftx_eng_02.jpg

EGCC_ftx_eng_05.jpg

duke03.jpg

jetprop04.jpg

kinf_a36.jpg

f406_12.jpg

lear_45_p3d3.jpg

pc12_01.jpg

pc12_02.jpg

f406_13.jpg

skyhawk_krpx.jpg

ftxg_utx_lgts1.jpg

• Upvote 3

Great shots Jim...all wallpaper quality!

Do you really see a tremendous difference between let's say v2.4 and 3.0 other than VAS management?

I never say never...just need a use-case for procurement.

Mitch

Thanks Mitch, much appreciated! :smile:

I find v3 quite a bit smoother than v2.4 was, I never updated to v2.5 until after I had v3 installed but I actually think v2.5 was a little smoother than v2.4 so I'm kickin' myself for holding on to 2.4 the time. The difference is subtle at least at first glance, but I like the look of v3 a lot better than v2.x - it's a lot brighter mostly but I dunno, things just look better and I can't really put my finger on what I like better about it. I've never had VAS problems in any sim except I think it was v2.1 where everyone was having OOMs left & right but I do think I get a little better performance for the same amount of candy in v3 than I got in v2.x. I finally shuffled my Prepar3D v2 folder off onto a backup drive to free up space so I could put more stuff in v3, still have FSX installed but it's been a while since I've flown in FSX. :smile:

Jim

Thanks Mitch, much appreciated! :smile:

I find v3 quite a bit smoother than v2.4 was, I never updated to v2.5 until after I had v3 installed but I actually think v2.5 was a little smoother than v2.4 so I'm kickin' myself for holding on to 2.4 the time. The difference is subtle at least at first glance, but I like the look of v3 a lot better than v2.x - it's a lot brighter mostly but I dunno, things just look better and I can't really put my finger on what I like better about it. I've never had VAS problems in any sim except I think it was v2.1 where everyone was having OOMs left & right but I do think I get a little better performance for the same amount of candy in v3 than I got in v2.x. I finally shuffled my Prepar3D v2 folder off onto a backup drive to free up space so I could put more stuff in v3, still have FSX installed but it's been a while since I've flown in FSX. :smile:

Jim

Ok Jim...that perception of yours, has me buying in.  I just bought a $60.00 Xplane aircraft...so, buying into the fully supported V3.0 and benefits you see, is not the deal-breaker.  I just didn't see for myself, any 'visual' difference between the screen shots of my v2.4, and those posting with v3.0.  I never had any O.O.M. issues either in v2.4...but, it's no longer going to be updated (past v2.5...) so....I'll wait until v3.1 is released, and make my move when more ORBX stuff is actually available (that I own...) for injection.  But...yep..I'm going to purchase it.

Thanks,

Mitch

Lovely shots Jim - and great idea to put the GTN750 in to the MFD frame, on the -350P ......  I'm going to copy you on that one!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Very beautiful shots...love those!

HLJAMES

Hi Jim,

Superb set !!!

Noticed you like the 406 - - - how do you like the PC-12 ??? Specifically flight miodel and systems - - - as Careando visual quality is never in question...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Fantastic!!! :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick