Sign in to follow this  
CrackerJack

Turbine Duke V2 - Nav?

Just picked up the Real Air Turbine Duke V2.  I have a question regarding the Nav radios and guages.  Sorry if its a dumb question.

I assume that a VOR tuned on Nav 1 is displayed on the HSI and that the VOR or ILS tuned on Nav 2 is displayed on the guage below the HSI?  Is that correct?

The guage to the left and below the HSI displays the ADF and a VOR heading but I'm not sure what VOR heading?

I can't seem to find any documentation on the guages either in the Flying Guide or online.

Thanks!

I assume that a VOR tuned on Nav 1 is displayed on the HSI and that the VOR or ILS tuned on Nav 2 is displayed on the guage below the HSI?  Is that correct?

Correct.

The guage to the left and below the HSI displays the ADF and a VOR heading but I'm not sure what VOR heading?

Nav 2

HTH,

Jamie

Thanks Penguin

Another question.  Does the Auto Pilot fly to the VOR or ILS tuned on Nav 2?  Or Nav radio 1?

FSX/P3D autopilots will only track NAV1 afaik.  There might be a way to get it to follow the course on NAV2 I'm not sure how though.

FWIW if using an ILS you want it on your HSI, your primary instrument, and not the NAV2 radio.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just picked up the Real Air Turbine Duke V2.  I have a question regarding the Nav radios and guages.  Sorry if its a dumb question.

I can't seem to find any documentation on the guages either in the Flying Guide or online.

Thanks!

I answered your other post about the HSI which you claim is not working. Please have a look at the reply to that post.

It is completely standard in both FSX and P3d for Nav 1 to slave to the autopilot and for Nav 2 not to be slaved. This is very logical because Nav 2 is used as a back up, or a cross reference (see "triangulation and navigation" articles on the internet) or as a pointer direct to a VOR station while NAV 1 is set to capture the station from a specific vector.

FSX and P3d learning centre/help files have quite good tutorials on the basic use of Nav radios. There are many other tutorials on basic instrument navigation, including clear illustrations and animations, all over the internet. That is why almost all aircraft addons do not have basic Nav 1/.2 instructions in their documents as it is a universal subject applied to all similar aircraft.

Regards,

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page