Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Collision Detection activates itself

Hey Pilots!

This is an very anoying problem.

I have to disable collisions from time to time because there is something that re-activates it from time to time... I notice it when I crash into something on taxi for example and have to restart and so on  :fool:

I could not say when this is happen the first time and what can cause this.

Now I want to know if anyone has this problem too, and maybe a fix for it?

Or it is one of the FSXisms that occur on one system and no other...

Thank you!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Are you using any other software other than FSX?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I use so much other Software and addons, I cant count it :-D

I just ask because I hoped that maybe anyone can recognize this problem, in the way of "oh yes, I had the same, just switch this button"

Thank you

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Okay, pulling teeth it is.

FS Passengers?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yes, FSPassengers 2015...

Maybe this is already the solution, I have done a quick search and found this: http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=21855&t=21855

I forgot about the damage features in FSPassengers when I was searching for the reason. I will trie this config entrys later today and report here if it works.

But I think this is the right direction,

Thank you very much DaveCT2003!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

That's one of the pitfalls of FS Passengers, yes...I knew my last flight with that ended with being clipped by one of the stock FSX roaming catering truck on pushback, after 30min of preflight. Awfully realistic at times, this is.^^;

Speaking of which, a part of me also wished that FS Passergers would one day tie some of those scoring to cabin alt rate or deck angle instead of raw v/s, and better integration to stuff more advanced than stock. But I digress!

Thanks for the find!

Crash detect/collision detect in FSX is completely useless. It is more trouble than it is worth. The reason is because many custom and standard scenery notional/design borders sometimes do not match the viewable limits of actual scenery or scenery objects. So for example you could try parking a light aircraft in a custom made hanger. Even if your wings clear the viewable walls of the hanger you can still trigger a collision detect.

Crash detect is even worse and prevents things like belly landings even where a developer has included belly landing or gear up landing effects. These effects are useful in reminding us all not to forget to put the gear down. These detections are even more useless in that a crash detect simply results in the flight closing and a message coming up confirming the collision or crash, as though you would need to be reminded in a real aircraft that you've just crashed via a pop up message!

If the sim had a damage mode that actually resulted in real damage (wingtips falling off etc) together with a loud crunching sound it would be understandable but that is not possible given the limitations of FSX and P3d.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page