Hi friends,

I was planning to buy REX 4 texture direct for my fsx steam  but after I saw Active Sky Next also available on steam, I have decided to buy both. But there is a confusion, I would like to know what they individually do? Are both of them weather simulations that enhance the weather in fsx. REX I think is related to textures and clouds, this  is why I am very confused between both. 

Apart from the PMDG 737Ngx  and Concorde X (will soon become steam compatible) I do not own any addons, these will be by first weather addons.

I will be migrating to steam edition once the Concorde X becomes steam compatible hence I am purchasing these addons in advance.

Will active sky Next work fine on my PC, my PC specs are as follows:

Intel Core i7 4790 @3.6Ghz

GPU : Nvidia GT610 2GB

RAM: 16GB

FSX Steam

Addons: Pmdg 737 ngx and Concorde X

On FSX Gold I get 30 fps with Pmdg 737ngx and Concorde X after a minor tweak, before that it was 25 fps.

What fps can I expect on steam with ASN and all above mentioned addons.

Another query is, Will ASN work with REX 4 Texture Direct. 

FS2Crew RAAS Professional, A2A Accu Feel and FSX HD Trees are next on my purchase list so I want to know if ASN can work along side these addons as well :-)

Happy Flying :-)

Dreamaero

ASN just brings you the real weather (live weather) into your sim. REX4 is just a replacement for the cloudtextures etc.. 

ASN works with all of your mentioned Addons, no Problem here. You might see a little FPS drop when flying in a thunderstorm area with heavy rain, but you shouldn't notice a big drop. 

• Upvote 1

Philipp Schwaegerl

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for replying so late. I read the review of both the products and found them to be very interesting. They are absolutely a must have. :-)

Regards

Dreamaero