Sign in to follow this  

Milviz T-38A Talon (4K)

May take a couple of hours for YouTube to finalize it to 4K res.

Cheers, Rob.

Nice video Rob. Is that Nevada Region ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

FlightBeam's KDEN ... really enjoying this aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

May take a couple of hours for YouTube to finalize it to 4K res.

Cheers, Rob.

Looking pretty smooth there Rob.

Is this the new Advanced T38A?

I notice at 2:27 and 8:03 in there is an example of the momentary very thin vertical line video glitches I am seeing on my setup.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Yes the new Advanced T38A.  Great aircraft, going to be my "go to" military jet from now on.

Yes, there are vertical and sometimes horizontal lines ... in my testing the lines appears to be completely defined by Add-on used and the Building Autogen setting.  The ONLY Building Autogen setting that doesn't produce vertical and horizontal lines is "Normal" ... as I increase to Dense, Very Dense, and Extreme, the vertical lines appear more frequently.

LM are aware of the issue and I've reported my findings to them.  However, what is troubling is that I can NOT reproduce vertical/horizontal lines when I use a BASE no add-on P3D V3.x.  The vertical lines appear ONLY with add-ons ... I haven't been able to narrow it down to any specific add-on yet (I use a lot of add-ons).

There was also a strange choppiness at 7:13 to 7:28 mark that wasn't there when I was flying so I'm guessing the ShadowPlay recording process was having a hard time keeping up. My setting were actually more extreme than usual ... I had all shadows enabled except vegetation - at a place like KDEN that's A LOT of shadow calcs, but I did have AI traffic turned OFF.

There are some subtleties that nobody has noticed yet ... sorta disappointing, maybe just hard to spot unless viewed full screen at higher res and the high level of compression doesn't help.

Cheers, Rob.

Ok, thanks.

Certainly some weird shadow patterns on the canopy sometimes.

Upside down reminding me of 2001.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Certainly some weird shadow patterns on the canopy sometimes.

They're not shadows, look closely ;)  and again at 10:48 to 11:10 (look at the fuselage) ... it can be hard to see because of the video compression and especially if not viewed at 4K res.

I include a link in the video description to the recorded source (3.2GB file size) ... it'll make it easier to see.

Cheers, Rob.

Ok, so some form of transient moisture pattern?

gb

Nope.  View full screen at highest res your monitor supports.

Cheers, Rob.

Well I'm seeing true reflections in the fuselage in the landing sequence.

gb.

Nope.  View full screen at highest res your monitor supports.

Cheers, Rob.

Also guessing the canopy is reflecting all those lighted ground objects.

(You don't see anything when you are inverted.)

gb.

Well I'm seeing true reflections in the fuselage in the landing sequence.

Oops I missed this post ... winner winner chicken dinner. :)

Cheers, Rob.