Sign in to follow this  
nidaren

Moving to X-Plane 10

Here's a thread that is not even a week old:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/479749-getting-off-the-ground-again/

I want to emphasize that after you have some good world scenery (HD Mesh v2 & World2XPlane) & a good airplane get SkyMaxx pro v3 & FSWRW. If you want to further increase immersion, add PFE with FS ++ PFE plug-in.

I have a fully loaded FSX Acceleration available and I find myself only using XP 10. The night lighting is simply stunning and the flight models feel realistic.

Since I started using XP 10, I honestly feel that I've become a better sim pilot.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Let me get the cookie ;) Choclate chip or strawberry cheesecake ? ;)

another giveaway would have been the parking brake at the bottom pic ^^

Love Strawberry cheese cake,  would eat it till i burst. 

Oh very good,  i didn't cope the bottom left of the screen 

You are in for an absolute treat with X-Plane then, it's night lighting is incredible :-)

The night lighting in your World2XPlane is even better ! There is still a lot of Xplane autogen with no lights, I wish Laminar would fix this. I think they have their art guy tied up with Xplane mobile.

By the way, is there a tutorial to install Ortho4XP ? I tried following the install instructions to a T but I could not get it to work. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I'm thinking about moving to X-Plane. Have been flying with P3D for quite some time now, nowadays I also almost always fly on VATSIM. 

Remember - X-Plane offers a free demonstration version which you can use to get the feel of the product and see how it will perform on your computer system.

Visit http://www.x-plane.com/downloads/x-plane_10_demo/ and fetch the demo. The demo is limited to the Seattle area for 15 minutes at a time, but it can certainly give you a feel for things before you make any purchases.

Enjoy!

-Greg

I used the demo for a couple weeks and then bought X Plane. No regrets, love it and now fly it as much as I fly P3D.

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

You are in for an absolute treat with X-Plane then, it's night lighting is incredible :-)

Indeed, night lighting (even sunset and dawn) was the main reason I switched to Xplane before discovering the better realism and immersion  of flight.

It still amazes me how real is the feeling taxiing or approaching at night with HDR on compared to the fake lights of FSX. Cannot speak for PR3D last version but by judging reports it's still the same cup of tea.

let's just phrase it a bit differently. The FSX/P3D or flightsim in general consists of usually men in their 30-60 with disposable income, so the money is usually more readily available. Combine this with a pretty much monopoly for some products you can get away with any price you like.

Considering people like Tonywob, AllpilotX, MisterX (and numerous others) create all this donationware (refusing to call it freeware) in their spare time on the side, gives you an idea what some scenery should have been charged on FSX/P3D.

Freeware x-plane KSFO  vs. Payware FSX/P3D KSFO  which is which

MisterX-KSFO-Airport-City-V2-X-Plane.jpg

sfo_las_1.jpg

The one on the bottom is FSX/P3D. I can tell because it actually has AI traffic.

Can I have a cookie too please? :)

• Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Well I don't see any AI traffic in either pic but I do know  MrX's KSFO does have tons of parked planes all over the place plus vans and loaders and other vehicles moving around realistically and a marshaller  to great you when you pull up to your gate ---- and it is FREE. 

Sorry, I just ate your cookie :)

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well I don't see any AI traffic in either pic but I do know  MrX's KSFO does have tons of parked planes all over the place plus vans and loaders and other vehicles moving around realistically and a marshaller  to great you when you pull up to your gate ---- and it is FREE. 

Sorry, I just ate your cookie :)

Sorry Paul - for a moment there, I almost thought I saw some United Airlines tubeliners parked at the gates in the lower picture. My bad.

However, I am happy to gift you my cookie as a gesture of P3D/X-plane user solidarity. Enjoy! :wink:

P.S. I may even try out the freeware KSFO - I do concur that it does look pretty sweet.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Thanks, I do agree that X Plane needs some real AI traffic. You can add air traffic by adding the included or payware planes in your Aircraft section but adding anything over 5 starts to eat into my fps. I would like to see AI such as FSX where they use simple shell planes with lower resolution to keep fps up. Also a system where you could then limit the AI to just around where you fly and not globally. 

Yes and do try all of Mr X's scenery,,they are all really that good. I also have P3Dv3 and really wish Mr X would make some airports for that as well. 

These cookies do taste good. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, I do agree that X Plane needs some real AI traffic. You can add air traffic by adding the included or payware planes in your Aircraft section but adding anything over 5 starts to eat into my fps. I would like to see AI such as FSX where they use simple shell planes with lower resolution to keep fps up. Also a system where you could then limit the AI to just around where you fly and not globally. 

Yes and do try all of Mr X's scenery,,they are all really that good. I also have P3Dv3 and really wish Mr X would make some airports for that as well. 

I use World Traffic does exactly what you ask for and more.....

Planes follow SID's and STAR's from Navigraph and with some user created Python scripts it is very easy to populate your airports and sky's with AI planes.

full.jpg

Sorry but I have plenty of AI traffic at my airports with real schedules with World Traffic plugin. In my opinion they even look better and behave better than FSX traffic. What I miss is a good ATC instead. And weather, I do miss ASN in X-Plane.

Yes WT is a great program and I intend to get it when they make it so the average  user can just plug it in and have traffic like in FSX. As it is now it is only for the tweakers and guys that would rather program than fly. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Sorry but I have plenty of AI traffic at my airports with real schedules with World Traffic plugin. In my opinion they even look better and behave better than FSX traffic. What I miss is a good ATC instead. And weather, I do miss ASN in X-Plane.

I agree that World Traffic is a very nice program. Until it becomes a little more plug and play it's not going to get the popularity it deserves. As for ATC, there is now a plug in for ProEmulator that works very well.

NAX669.png

Im considering XPX just for the fact it has a decent 757/767 now where P3D is lacking.  I tried XPX in the past and while some features like night lighting are sweet, just coudnt get used to the way the mouse works in the cockpit. Guess im too hardwired for the old fsx ways. Has it improved? 

Also wondering about scenery. There lots of scenery injection that is generated. Is it still not specific to the areas? As in clearly distinguishable landmarks to the region in proper placement?

Also see a new camera system similar to ezdok working with TrackIR. Some nice stuff coming out. Nice to see AI traffic improvement as well

Wont replace P3D but maybe a nice compliment where p3d lacks.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png