Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Only in IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

You like flying the props more than the jets; 

There was also a good WWII sim called Pacific Fighters. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Yep, although I never had that one.  I did have the original IL2 Sturmovik, as well as MS CFS 1 and 2, didn't like CFS 3 at all....  Also tried Jane's ww2 fighters and a few others whose names I do not even recall...

Yes, by far prop aircraft are my preferred, mostly becase I completely gave up on civil sims for the very poor modeling of flight dynamics of prop aircraft, particularly powerful prop aircraft like ww2 fighters ...

I'm in the Heavens, like never before, with

- DCS World 1.5.2 and 2.0...

- IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad, already with 2 aircraft from the upcoming Battle of Mosscow...

- Rise of Flight

In the Civil sim department nothing - NOTHING - comes even close to what we get in this 3 sims, unfortunately...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I don't  have IL2 BOS. And i can barely even fly DCS because of the system :)

BoS would run better than DCS is a low end system.

BoS is even more optimized, still 32 bit and DX9, but makes any civil sim for those same CPU and GPU standards blush....  

The flight dynamics are SUPERB, the graphics immersive....

Main Simulation Rig:

Well but again BOS would be the old props :)

Yep, although I never had that one.  I did have the original IL2 Sturmovik, as well as MS CFS 1 and 2, didn't like CFS 3 at all....  Also tried Jane's ww2 fighters and a few others whose names I do not even recall...

Yes, by far prop aircraft are my preferred, mostly becase I completely gave up on civil sims for the very poor modeling of flight dynamics of prop aircraft, particularly powerful prop aircraft like ww2 fighters ...

I'm in the Heavens, like never before, with

- DCS World 1.5.2 and 2.0...

- IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad, already with 2 aircraft from the upcoming Battle of Mosscow...

- Rise of Flight

In the Civil sim department nothing - NOTHING - comes even close to what we get in this 3 sims, unfortunately...

Great Video Jose, I also have BOS. I'm a Novice pilot. Just learning how to taxi the Pe 2, it is a handful for me. Can't get use to the brakes, just keep spinning around in circles trying to taxi to the runway Ha!

Regards

Lamar Wright

It takes practice Lamar,  I struggled with that too at the beginning, and vlying is not flying, so, we miss a lot of feedback from the seat-of-the-pants... 

It's  a lot easier IRL, I guess :-)

Main Simulation Rig: