Sign in to follow this  
CrackerJack

Turbine Duke V2 HSI Issue

I've recently purchased the Real Turbine Duke and I'm having some issues with the nav instruments.  Here is the test flight:

Takeoff from KISM rwy 15 with the Treasure (TRV) VOR tuned on Nav 1 at 117.3 and set the obs to 130 on the HSI.  On the climb out the red nav flag in the HSI disappears but there is no movement of the CDI, its at max deflection and stays there no movement at all even if I rotate the OBS completely around the dial the CDI will not center but the TO FROM flag changes.  No idea what is going on here with the Duke?

If I do the same in the A2A C182 I get CDI deflection and can track to the radial.  Works perfectly!

I'm running Prepard3d V3 .  There doesn't appear to be a forum for the Real Air Duke anywhere so I thought I'd give it a try here and see if anyone can reproduce the behavior or has the answer.

Do you by chance have GPS Enabled in the panel? Only thing I can think is maybe you are in GPS vs nav mode.

Chris

I've recently purchased the Real Turbine Duke and I'm having some issues with the nav instruments.  Here is the test flight:

Takeoff from KISM rwy 15 with the Treasure (TRV) VOR tuned on Nav 1 at 117.3 and set the obs to 130 on the HSI.  On the climb out the red nav flag in the HSI disappears but there is no movement of the CDI, its at max deflection and stays there no movement at all even if I rotate the OBS completely around the dial the CDI will not center but the TO FROM flag changes.  No idea what is going on here with the Duke?

If I do the same in the A2A C182 I get CDI deflection and can track to the radial.  Works perfectly!

I'm running Prepard3d V3 .  There doesn't appear to be a forum for the Real Air Duke anywhere so I thought I'd give it a try here and see if anyone can reproduce the behavior or has the answer.

Hello,

The Duke would not have been released by us if there was anything wrong with the HSI, assuming you are using the proper P3d V3 installer. If it was broken there would be hundreds of similar posts in various forums and we would know about it. We have very quick email support and you can contact me all day and some of the night for a quick reply, quoting your order number, full name and keycode. The only reasons the HSI would not respond is either if the station was out of range or not working in the sim, or if your GPS/Nav switch is selected for GPS rather than Nav.

Regards,

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

In the Duke Config tool in the GPS Radio tab I have "No GPS" selected.  There is no GPS in the AC just the NAV/COMs, AP, ADF, and transponder.

This may sound crazy but I think I might have had the same problem. Try this. Enable the default GPS in the panel config. Start a flight and check the Nav/GPS switch. Make sure to flip it to nav if needed. Then you can take the GSP out again and everything should be fine.

Chris

I think a2a have something similar - you have to temporarily switch to NAV mode.

Or you could try assigning a key to change the NAV mode. I think it was X in FSX

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |