Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Any new GA aircraft before the end of the Year for P3D?

I fully respect that you guys have extremely high standards. However, sometimes I'm thinking standards of some developers are even higher than those expected from consumers. To be honest, I never ever would have needed the app to do on-fly-changes. Who really needs that? For me, it is absolutely sufficient to be able to configure the aircraft before loading P3D. And I would assume that 99% of the simmers feel the same. Delaying release because of these rarely used features is in my eye not very clever. Especially around christmas where everybody is keen on spending some money. Don't get me wrong. This is not meant to sound harsh. I absolutely love the Turbine Duke v2. It's just that I sometimes I have the feeling that developers get a bit lost in detail...

Carlo - *YOU* wouldn't like it and you presume to *ASSUME* that 99% of simmers wouldn't like it also?

I'll give you the first one because it's your opinion but please don't assume you speak for 99% of the simmers. There are a lot of reasons for "on the fly" changes that go far beyond over zealous developer detail.

You need to cut them some slack - for every one oyu find that doesn't want it, I'd bet I can find one that does.

Bottom line - when the dev has a product that THEY feel is ready - it will be released. And I bet that interspersed with the "atta boys" will be a lot of "why didn't you include xxxx?".

:smile:

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Carlo - *YOU* wouldn't like it and you presume to *ASSUME* that 99% of simmers wouldn't like it also?

I'll give you the first one because it's your opinion but please don't assume you speak for 99% of the simmers. There are a lot of reasons for "on the fly" changes that go far beyond over zealous developer detail.

You need to cut them some slack - for every one oyu find that doesn't want it, I'd bet I can find one that does.

Bottom line - when the dev has a product that THEY feel is ready - it will be released. And I bet that interspersed with the "atta boys" will be a lot of "why didn't you include xxxx?".

:smile:

Vic

Fair enough, Vic. I'm absolutely willing to accept that I'm wrong if I'm wrong. Question then only is: Why does Carenado (who always release have finished products) sell a ton of copies? I would be so brave to raise the hypothesis that they sell much more copies than Realair.

It might not be 99% but I'm still willing to bet that it is the majority who doesn't need these features. However, I'm perfectly fine to accept that some developers prefer to develop for the perfectionist minority. I'm really not complaining. I'm just expressing my (very personal) opinion. And this is with zero intend to tell anybody what they should do... ;-)

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I fully respect that you guys have extremely high standards. However, sometimes I'm thinking standards of some developers are even higher than those expected from consumers. To be honest, I never ever would have needed the app to do on-fly-changes. Who really needs that? For me, it is absolutely sufficient to be able to configure the aircraft before loading P3D. And I would assume that 99% of the simmers feel the same. Delaying release because of these rarely used features is in my eye not very clever. Especially around christmas where everybody is keen on spending some money. Don't get me wrong. This is not meant to sound harsh. I absolutely love the Turbine Duke v2. It's just that I sometimes I have the feeling that developers get a bit lost in detail...

If only you knew just how opposite the feedback we receive is! Flight simming enthusiasts, and pilots, are probably among the most collectively OCD bunch it is possible to meet, and I don't mean that in a pejorative way. They actually DO want on-the-fly features and hundreds of them email us about it. Not only that but every new feature which they like is expected to work with no bugs and no hassles. Personally I am with you. I like simple aircraft that are well done. Conversely, most of the bugs to be ironed out are based not so much on new features but on quite simple things that require a lot of care as they can throw out unexpected oddities that are hard to trace.

I can't and won't comment on other designers. Some of our products are over ten years old and still attract customers. We build to last which is why we don't have a large inventory and don't rush.

• Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

If only you knew just how opposite the feedback we receive is! Flight simming enthusiasts, and pilots, are probably among the most collectively OCD bunch it is possible to meet, and I don't mean that in a pejorative way. They actually DO want on-the-fly features and hundreds of them email us about it. Not only that but every new feature which they like is expected to work with no bugs and no hassles. Personally I am with you. I like simple aircraft that are well done. Conversely, most of the bugs to be ironed out are based not so much on new features but on quite simple things that require a lot of care as they can throw out unexpected oddities that are hard to trace.

If that's the feedback you receive, then you certainly do the right thing. Anyways. As I said above: I'm not complaining. I absolutely love the Realair Turbine Duke v2. It's by far my most preferred GA aircraft. Just keep up the great work!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I can't and won't comment on other designers. Some of our products are over ten years old and still attract customers. We build to last which is why we don't have a large inventory and don't rush.

Amen. The three names you consistently hear when the best quality payware aircraft are being discussed are RealAir, A2A and PMDG.

I much prefer the approach Real Air is taking rather than the disturbing trend of releasing a "beta product" that I pay to test yet am offered no assurances that the bugs will ever be fixed. 

Was it Captain Sim who first started this horrid trend with the 777?

Cheers

Steve Hall

I hate it when I take a picture and I left the focus mode on manual  :Tounge:

teaser.jpg

OK....That's it. If you are a Beta Tester and that is the new one then I vote for at least a 30 day ban!!! :Bring It On:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

OK....That's it. If you are a Beta Tester and that is the new one then I vote for at least a 30 day ban!!! :Bring It On:

I couldn't possibly comment on either  :ph34r:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I can't believe I'm going to say "lovely pic, Ryan!" to such a blurry image! :lol:  .... but seeing that we can make out what's underneath the blur, LOVELY PIC, RYAN !!  :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)