Sign in to follow this  
EightBall

DCS World 2.0 - Another Morning at Nellis AFB

I have an old quad core cpu from 2009, not overclocked at 2.83GHz, 8 gb of DDR2 ram and a GTX 760. I can run everything on medium/high at over 35 fps on the city (where it's more demanding) and over 80-100 depending on the spot in other parts of the map.

on the old map ( DCS 1.5, old map but new engine still) fps are even more higher.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Mine is an i5 2500 ( not overclocked, so at 3,2 GHz ) with 16 GB DDR3 RAM, and an ASUS 969 GTX 4GB card.

Get 60 fps locked, and over Nevada dense urban areas, with medium civil traffic at goes down to min 43 fps. 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

From people coming from FSX and P3D, it's another world really. No more blurred textures either, better lightning, proper flight dynamics especially on the ground (which are also achieved in xplane too, granted), just lovely.

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

From people coming from FSX and P3D, it's another world really. No more blurred textures either, better lightning, proper flight dynamics especially on the ground (which are also achieved in xplane too, granted), just lovely.

Regarding XP10, unfortunately, and more properly since a patch introduced somewhere along XP9, more or less when the torque bug was introduced as well ....

the aircraft suffer from way to much weather vanning, making taxiing a lot more difficult than IRL, even under slight winds...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Thanks a lot everyone, glad to see some familiar faces :smile:

I agree, it looks stunning at dawn and sunset, it's sometimes hard to concentrate on the mission.

In case it would be useful, here are my spec :

i7 4790K (4Ghz), GTX 970, 8Gb Ram, 256 Go SDD (OS & DCS), Win 7 64Bit

I play with all settings on high. FPS is between 35 (over LV strip) and 130 (in the desert)

Regarding XP10, unfortunately, and more properly since a patch introduced somewhere along XP9, more or less when the torque bug was introduced as well ....

the aircraft suffer from way to much weather vanning, making taxiing a lot more difficult than IRL, even under slight winds...

I don't know that. But still gives you a feeling the plane is on some wheels. Not like FSX/P3D where it feels like the plane is on rails. Engine limitations i assume

Xplane is the worst on the ground

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Stunning photos. Incredible sim. I own 6-7 planes and simply can't wait for the WW2 map. I still find the terrain textures to be extremely lackluster, however. Maybe it's the LOD. I haven't modded or tweaked my DCS so maybe there is a solution for my taste.

Cheers.

Looks great...I'm sure my nephew would love this game! :smile:  

Until it decides it wants to be a flight simulator, it's another in a plethora of military combat simulators.  The IL-2 series was great for the feeling of flight as well. 

It's a massive leap from modeling a small region to making it a world wide flyable environment.  All the towns and airports, roadways, etc.. and in between. 

And the same goes for all the next gen flight sims - all vaporware until we see something where I can fly from say San Fran to New York with all the stuff in between. 

• Upvote 1

Until it decides it wants to be a flight simulator, it's another in a plethora of military combat simulators.  The IL-2 series was great for the feeling of flight as well. 

It's a massive leap from modeling a small region to making it a world wide flyable environment.  All the towns and airports, roadways, etc.. and in between. 

And the same goes for all the next gen flight sims - all vaporware until we see something where I can fly from say San Fran to New York with all the stuff in between. 

Just because it isn't like FSX/P3D/ X-plane doesn't mean it isn't a flight simulator.

Perhaps you should have said civilian flight simulator. Something it never claimed to be.

As for the next gen sims, depends what you refere to. That Dovetail is going to release something there is no doubt, so it really isn't a vapourware. 

As for the other project using Unigine graphic engine, there is such risk but time will tell.

• Upvote 2

I can't talk for the upcoming sims, particularly civil sims, which is what I actually used for over 25 yrs, but regarding my particular option for DCS, and as much I I would love to have that same sim as it is right now, with World coverage, truth is we can't have it all, I believe, and my choice was that of someone who places in the very first place of his choice criteria the quality of the Flight Dynamics Model.

In this area, as well in the modelling of aircraft systems, and of course weapons ( that last one subsidiary for me... ), nothing is, IMO, ahead of DCS World - and that's why, after so many years, and even not having been combat flight simulators my choice ever, I ended up deciding it would be useless for me to keep using those other certainly great sims, and their certainly great add-ons, when in fact the true sensation of being there is what DCS provides me.

But of course each one has his / her own priorities, so, I can't  but understand that other simmers opt for FSX, P3D, X-Plane, PSX, Aerofly,,, whatever - it's their choice...

Main Simulation Rig:

Whoopy I am having a fun time in the Bison, though the startup procedure is nuts. A lovely aircraft and quite quick.

That visual is uncomparable 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Is the Bison the nickname for the Mig-21 or the F-86 ?  Although indeed the Mig-21 looks more like a Bison :-) with that dorsal structure ...

Main Simulation Rig: