Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

P3D and Traffic Separation ?

Hi Folks,

Long time RC4 user who is just now upgrading to P3D V3... Just stumbled across this forum as I've never heard of it before... Watched some of your 2.0 videos and I'm intrigued...

Does Pilot2ATC work with P3D ???

Is there any real ATC traffic separation provided ???

Would anyone be willing to discuss from an RC4 users perspective - what the major Pros/Cons of moving to Pilot2Atc are ???

I see speech recognition is included - so that's a real boost in realism...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

I'll have to let others comment on their RC4 experience as I have none.

I can tell you that P2A works with P3D, FSX and X-Plane.  You must be sure  to install FSUIPC as instructed in the P2A user's guide, and be sure to follow the other installation instructions regarding setup and you should be fine.

As for traffic separation, P2A does not redirect you to avoid traffic.  It does have traffic displayed on the moving map and the ATC controller issues traffic alerts according to some variables you can set up in the Configuration screen regarding altitude and horizontal separation, etc.

Hope you enjoy the trial.

Dave

What a fantastic ATC program!

Works with X Plane and P3D!

How can I have missed this?

Will probably get it...

Will definitely if...

...there is any chance that P2A will control AI similar to VoxATC in the future?

Navigraph support would be nice aswell!

Haze.

Sweden.

Hotas Warthog. MFG Crosswind. MSFS. DCS. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.

Scott I am a long time user of RC4 and have been using Pilot2ATC for only over a week now. In my opinion it has lots of potential but be ready for a learning curve and lots of tuning. I was very frustrated until I noticed the mic level was too high and it couldn't understand what I say. After that the experience has improved.

So far I like it a lot and suggest you try the demo.

Here some pros and cons I noticed so far.

Pros:

- not supported but it does work from a remote PC (see sticky on this forum)

- it understands many combinations of expressions to place requests and readbacks (impressive actually)

- you can request a standard approach to a RWY and it will deny clearance if wind conditions are not favorable (that was neat)

- developer is active

Cons:

- Clearance Delivery gives you clearance straight to cruise altitude, RC4 seems to handle clearance much better (I found a work around by specifying a lower altitude to the first SID waypoint)

- lots of tuning before it is usable (but I could say the same for almost any addon)

- doesn't see transponder mode selector, you need to activate transponder from the addon screen.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the additional feedback - it does sound encouraging - this is still the Version 1 of the program - right ???  Version 2 hasn't been released yet - I wonder if 2 addresses any of your "cons" ? I'll continue to watch this program for comments and opinions...

Thanks again...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I only have one thing to say here....    PilotEdge!!!

If you want ATC, get the real deal.  I have been on it a few weeks now and absolutely love it.  Real live ATC that will expect you to follow all SIDS and STARTS to the letter and correct you when you don't.  They take care of separation issues and issue traffic advisories for both other PilotEdge pilots and the many drones they have populating the airspace.  You also need to file your IFR flight plans and they will get changed if you aren't filing what's being flown in the real world.  They also have a great training program and workshops to hone your VFR and IFR skills.  I would say it is dang near a real instrument rating, sans the hours.

It is limited to the ZLA area but lots of airline guys fly from SFO to SAN, or LAS to LAX.  They are expanding a bit and adding airports a bit further out.  

I've tried a couple ATC add-ons but the reality is that nothing really compares.  Not even close.  

Sorry about the hijack and lack of constructive input to the OPs question but honestly, give PilotEdge a whirl, they have a free trial.  

I only have one thing to say here....    PilotEdge!!!

If you want ATC, get the real deal.  I have been on it a few weeks now and absolutely love it.  Real live ATC that will expect you to follow all SIDS and STARTS to the letter and correct you when you don't.  They take care of separation issues and issue traffic advisories for both other PilotEdge pilots and the many drones they have populating the airspace.  You also need to file your IFR flight plans and they will get changed if you aren't filing what's being flown in the real world.  They also have a great training program and workshops to hone your VFR and IFR skills.  I would say it is dang near a real instrument rating, sans the hours.

It is limited to the ZLA area but lots of airline guys fly from SFO to SAN, or LAS to LAX.  They are expanding a bit and adding airports a bit further out.  

I've tried a couple ATC add-ons but the reality is that nothing really compares.  Not even close.  

Sorry about the hijack and lack of constructive input to the OPs question but honestly, give PilotEdge a whirl, they have a free trial.  

I fly for a VA, and being confined to only 4 airports, doesn't work for me. I use Pro ATC and it fills the bill. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Pilotedge is way more than 4 airports.  They have 4 Bravo, 6 Charlie and 30 Delta.  With more planned.   If you can only use Bravo airports I would still say give it a try.  It's free, can't hurt.  You just might love it!!

YHi all.

Lively discussion going here.

First let me say that Version 2.0 will address most of the issues raised here except that it will continue to report AI Traffic, not control or create it.

It will definitely be updatable with NavDataPro at launch and Navigraph as soon thereafter as they are able to provide the data.  Some resource constraints on Navigraph's side are holding it back.  But the product will ship with AIRAC 1509 from Aerosoft's NavDataPro included, and then you can update from there if you have a data subscription.

The experience in V2 is way more realistic from a both a planning and ATC interaction perspective.  You won't know it's the same program.  There's global coverage for all airports.  IFR and VFR flight planning and flights.  Pretty flexible, and not totally predictable ATC controllers also.

You'll be amazed at how much fun it is getting ATC vectors into Innsbruck Austria without hitting any mountains!  But, you'll never have a program that is as dynamic and interactive as a real controller, at least not in our lifetime. 

For those wondering about V2.0, we should have it out for existing users in Beta this week and hope to get it available to everyone by the end of February in a trial version.

Stay tuned.

Hi,

Ive used rc4 for many years, and also pilot2atc since it was first released.

These programs are like chalk and cheese, totally different, and ir depends on what you want from an atc program.

Rc4 is controlled by the program, and only altered in flight by keyboard entry, having to go from menu to menu and picking the selection you want, it is pretty good in its atc capacity giving good instructions, to your destination, with no problems, not brilliant on stars and sids but totally acceptable.

Pilot2atc differ,s by letting you talk to atc, thus allowing you to alter things without having to use the keyboard or menus, far more realistic, however, at this time sids and stars are not as good as rc4.

I fly without keyboards etc, as have full cockpit setup, sometimes I find it better to let copilot handle atc as I can be to busy with other things so rc4 fits the bill here ( these may be altering in v2)

So in my opinion, if you want it more like the real thing get, pilot2atc, if you are happy with keyboard inputs and not having to speak then rc4 is your choice, or like me buy both and use as you want.

Ive got most atc programs released like voxatc, proatc, rc4 etc, an only use 2

Proatc and pilot2atc.

Yes ive used online atc very real but in my case being hard of hearing I miss a lot, much easier when you can press a key or ask for a repeat of instructions, that asking over and over on online atc

The only complaint I have for pilot2atc would be for it to run on network pc., yes ive set it up on my 2nd pc, and it works fine, but my niggle is you have to reregister if I want to change back to 1st pc.

Apart from that ive watch this develop over the last couple of years, into a superb software, really looking forward to v2.

By the way, ive run this on xplane, fsx, fsxsteam, prepar3dv2 and prepar3dv3 with no problems at all

Hope this helps

Mike.