Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

P3D correct DX by default ?

Hi Folks,

Last weekend I just installed P3D for the first time - and - my display doesn't appear nearly as good as many as I've seen... I have DX11 loaded on PC - is there anything I need to do with P3D to get it to use the correct DX - I read where there was a conversion process for FSX ???

Thanks,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Is the GTX 570 with the last Nvidia driver?

Are you sure that you are running the simulator with the dedicated GPU?

What is the problem you are facing? What do you mean by "my display doesn't appear nearly as good.."? You mean the image quality? 

If you mean that your AA is much worse then you would be correct, nothing to be done to bring it back to FSX quality other than apply 4xSGAA which will kill your frames with a GTX570

Hi Folks,

Yep - using GPU with latest drivers...

It just seems my screens are somewhat bland and washed out compared to many others I've seen... I haven't tweaked much in P3D so I'm running with the default settings (FTX, REX, ASN)...

I can't seem to post a link here anymore ??? I have a thread on FS in the "P3D Forum" updated today with "New Mexico" in the title where I posted a bunch of screens from my PC... Maybe I've just been looking at too many screens posted by pros...

:)  

Regards,
Scott

Well, washed images, I guess it's the FXAA. You can turn it off and see more clearly. The most part of simmers don't like it and turn it off.

The down side of doing that is more aliasing.

You can find it here, at "image and texture quality":

p3dv22-setting-01.jpg?w=764

Thanks... I'll play with it...

Just bought some new RAM - 16GB@2133 and been contemplating the top end GTX970 (not gonna pay $600.00 for a GTX980 video card)... I'm not sure if my CPU will prevent me from getting the most out of my upgrades...

Appreciate all the input...

:)

Regards,
Scott 

Get the 970 - your cpu will do just fine with it. Also, in P3D - play with the HDR settings - they can have a large effect on the brightness and color quality of the visuals. And, as suggested, turn off FXAA.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Sounds to me that "washed out" means the colors are bland.  Try your HDR sliders in the P3D settings as they can make a world of difference.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit