Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

G-Plan in use...and WHY..was I not using this?!?!?!

...dunno....but hey...never to late to the party...

...but actually called Plan-G

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plan-G4.png

Plan_G3.png

G-Plan2.png

XPlaneG-Plan.png

Heading to my destination, at Pittsburgh....night everybody, have a great evening/morning!

Pittsburghbound.png

BTW...Tony...can you please change/edit---- in my Post title...from G-Plan...to Plan-G

Thanks...

Mitch

Plan G is excellent for the VFR sim pilot. When flying along, the pilot can easily see where the class of airspace starts and when you need to turn around, climb, descend, or call atc.

My Plan G is on half of my 2nd monitor. I use it to check the weather along the route of flight, check out airspace, and track the progress. On the other half of my second screen I have LiveATC opened to the nearest approach or airport. I'm using PFE along with LiveATC for my IFR flights.

When I'm ready to brief the approach, I open the plate using airnav's site.

I find it very immersive!  :smile:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm using PFE along with LiveATC for my IFR flights.

Pardon my ignorance - what is 'PFE' ?

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

It's great for bush pilot ops too. More often than not, I'm flying into airstrips I've never seen before with FSEconomy assignments. Plan-G shows me the runway elevation and alignment at the destination. The Maximum Elevation feature also tells me the minimum safe altitude for flying over intervening terrain.

As a mostly non-procedure flying bush pilot, I used to smack into a mountain once in a while before using that MEF feature in Plan-G.

The moving map feature with a datalink to X-Plane is also great when flying some of the old birds without GPS like the LES DC-3, without having to constantly switch to X-Plane's map view.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Agreed.  The only thing Plan-G lacks are the SIDs/STARs and transitions that are found in other moving maps (such as FS Commander which also works with X-Plane, although it must use the FSX database).  But Plan-G has terrain elevations shown which is essential for flying in unfamiliar territory with light aircraft and VFR conditions.  The map in X-Plane is too limited and eats a lot of CPU cycles.  Plan-G seems to run in the background on my single monitor system and I simply toggle it from the taskbar icon at the bottom of the screen (running in Windows mode).

Been using it for several years and love it. It is very  "user friendly" as well.

Don't forget to donate to its continued development (no, I am not afiliated with TA). It is better than lots of software I have bought,

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I just got it and having a problem with xplane data base. It stalls when trying to build the database. It builds p3d base just fine but not xplane. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I just got it and having a problem with xplane data base. It stalls when trying to build the database. It builds p3d base just fine but not xplane.  

Uninstall the front page version...and then download the beta...reinstall...and build all your data bases, including now...XPX.

Warbirds, uninstall the front page version from off your system......and then download the beta...reinstall...and build all your data bases, including now...XPX.

Link to beta version download...which truly is the 'latest fixed version':

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/plan-g/files/wip3/setup%20Plan-G%203.1.3.113-w7-test.zip

Mitch

Thanks works now,,:)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png