Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Mobile Version -- View New Content?

What happened to the "View New Content" menu item for the mobile theme of AVSim?. I'm using the latest version of Chrome for Android.

Yeah, I forgot about that. It's difficult now to just navigate to unread posts, read what you want to read and then mark everything as read. With the new servers, maybe AVSim could reconsider Tapatalk. Another option would be for AVSim to upgrade to the new version of the forum software, which seems much easier to navigate on a PC. ORBX has recently done so with their forums.

On this topic, I no longer get the mobile version of the Avsim forums, just get the full version?

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I've seen this too.  On the way bottom of the page, should be a "Use Mobile Version" link.  I click that and then I'm fine again.  For some reason lately on refresh, it's going back to the full version instead of remembering the Mobile version setting.  Not sure in my case if that's because of something I've done locally(i.e. clear cache, reboot, whatever) or if it's an avsim issue.  But, I've always been able to get back via the link at the bottom of the full site.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yep - Tapatalk is my preferred way of interacting on forums - it's a total chore on a mobile device without it...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On this topic, I no longer get the mobile version of the Avsim forums, just get the full version?

Go down to the bottom of the page and click where it says "Use Mobile Version".

I've noticed with Chrome that due to the synchronization among all the devices on one Google account, that even on my phone, the AVSim site still thinks I'm on a PC.

Go down to the bottom of the page and click where it says "Use Mobile Version".

I've noticed with Chrome that due to the synchronization among all the devices on one Google account, that even on my phone, the AVSim site still thinks I'm on a PC.

Thank you so much. Problem solved God I'm a bit complacent some time. Thanks a lot much appreciated. Hope your problem is solved too.

No new content in mobile version. As the thread suggests.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I'm sure these suggestions will be considered.  Too much on our plate right now. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The "mark community read" and "unread content" used to work in the mobile version. Something broke it during past week, either something at AVSim or an update to mobile browsers such as Chrome.

The "mark community read" and "unread content" used to work in the mobile version. Something broke it during past week, either something at AVSim or an update to mobile browsers such as Chrome.

It doesn't work in Safari or Dolphin either.

NAX669.png

I'll make sure the appropriate people are aware.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Looks like Avsim has gone back to the old system. It works with Chrome and Safari. Thanks Jim.

NAX669.png

Make sure you are logged on with your device to AVSIM to see new content.  I understand it will not work unless you are signed in.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM