Sign in to follow this  
gammeryu

FlightBeam KDEN cant register.

Hello,

Today i bought the Flightbeam KDEN and when i go into my addon manager and try to "register seal" upon pressing "register seal" the addon manager closes out and there is no place to enter my product code.

If you haven't yet, suggest also posting in Flightbeam's forum.  

I cant yet, I have to wait a day to be verified.

Hello,

Today i bought the Flightbeam KDEN and when i go into my addon manager and try to "register seal" upon pressing "register seal" the addon manager closes out and there is no place to enter my product code.

Have you tried registering with your AV turned off? 

From memory, I think there were some files that you will need to exclude from your AV's On-Access-Scanning, namely, couatl.exe and I believe, bglmanx.dll in your root Sim folder.

Hope this helps

This should be fixed by disabling the offending program (antivirus or firewall) which is causing this.

But if you press the "Next" button, as the message says, the installation will go on normally, just not using the online servers. They are NOT NEEDED, because KDEN is so new, so the files contained in the installer are exactly the same as the one there were supposed to be downloaded, hadn't the connection being blocked.

This means, this message (assuming you HAVE pressed the "Next" button when prompted to do so), won't affect the installation in any way.

BUT, the missing buildings might be caused by the same problem that caused the message to appear in the first place, which is the antivirus blocking the programs. I read you have disabled the antivirus and the firewall, but I had some reports that some antivirus are still active (because their service is still running) even if you disable them.

And, the correct way to install, when the antivirus is at fault, is not just disabling it. You must disable it while installing, and BEFORE you launch FSX, you must also configure the following files from scanning:

YourFSXfolder\bglmanx.dll

YourFSXfolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe

Only after you do both things, you can start FSX.

The quote is from the Support Website

From memory, I think there were some files that you will need to exclude from your AV's On-Access-Scanning, namely, couatl.exe and I believe, bglmanx.dll in your root Sim folder.

Hope this helps

The quote is from the Support Website

Okay ill give this a try right now, I also cant seem to find bglmanx.dll

Hope this helps

The quote is from the Support Website couatl.exe through and disabled my firewall.

Thankyou! it works i just allowed the 

I'm not buying any more Flight Beam products.  Too difficult ot get them to work properly in my opinion.  KDEN is only one example.

Stan

I do feel sorry for you, Stan, but I guess there must be something wrong on your side.

I have never had any problems with Flightbeam airports and find them to be absolutely top notch.

The only scenery form Mir I do not have is the latest KSFO HD because, honestly, I was disappointed with being offered the upgrade discount at... 10% off.

But I may go for it some time later. Time will tell.

I'm not buying any more Flight Beam products. Too difficult ot get them to work properly in my opinion. KDEN is only one example.

Stan

That's too bad. I've never encountered any issues and they've been pretty straight forward imho to activate. Basically I just copy and paste the activation code into the box and let it do its thing.

When activating FSDT and FB airports I've found that it's best to be in windowed mode because a lot of times the box where you place the serial number comes up behind the actual FSX window and can appear hidden. You'll need to move the FSX window to the side to get to the box. This is probably what causes some confusion when people can't figure out how to activate or where to input the serial number and has been brought up on their forum before.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's really perplexing on why we see posts like this every once in a while, when I've created a very large support resource right on our website. OP, why not just email us? Responses in less than 24 hours (typically), and instead of other folks guessing, we tell you exactly what is wrong and how to promptly fix it.

The issue you posted is extremely common and you can see a solution in our FAQ to fix it after only 2 clicks after entering our website.

Directly from the general FAQ:

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm not buying any more Flight Beam products.  Too difficult ot get them to work properly in my opinion.  KDEN is only one example.

Stan

It's a process that takes less than a minute. If you have given up, then you haven't reached out to us for support. We solve every issue promptly to get you up and running.
We even come here on AVSIM, and other sites to solve issues posted by others who, for odd reasons, haven't reached out to us.

These words are very discouraging...

It's really perplexing on why we see posts like this every once in a while, when I've created a very large support resource right on our website. OP, why not just email us? Responses in less than 24 hours (typically), and instead of other folks guessing, we tell you exactly what is wrong and how to promptly fix it.

The issue you posted is extremely common and you can see a solution in our FAQ to fix it after only 2 clicks after entering our website.

attachicon.gifUntitled-1.jpg

It's a process that takes less than a minute. If you have given up, then you haven't reached out to us for support. We solve every issue promptly to get you up and running.

We even come here on AVSIM, and other sites to solve issues posted by others who, for odd reasons, haven't reached out to us.

Mir, this is just Avsim, negativity is the norm here... Don't be discouraged, your products are absolutely amazing, FlightBeam is, on my opinion, the best scenery developer right now, I have all your products (except the new KSFO, I had a really bad end of year, but I pretend to buy it as soon as I can), and I can't wait to see what you bring up next.

Cheers and thanks for the phenomenal work!

Untitled-1.jpg

One of the problems that I see all the time here are people posting support questions here rather than on developers websites like yours or FSDT's, leaving people at Avsim to try to give support that they often times aren't qualified to give.

Then when the folks here can solve the problem even after sometimes directing th user to the appropriate vendors site, they just give up and say the product is either to difficult to use, doesn't work properly or any other excuse.

Unfortunately some people even after having paid for something just give up too easily and never seek support from the vendor.

Surprisingly Spoilk who made the comment about Flightbeam products has (I think) in the past mentioned that he has a masters or multiple masters degrees which would lead me to wonder how an intelligent person like that would think activation of your product was too difficult or wouldn't have the reasoning to reach out to you for help.

Unfortunately with consumer goods, it is what it is and you can't always lead people to help even having a dedicate website with support forum.

How many times I've seen posts here asking for help with a Couatl product and when we tell them to post the issue on the FSDT site and if we check the FSDT forum, the user in question never posts their plea for help there.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'd like to apologize for my previous comment regarding Flightbeam.    It seems that I had issues on my end with my last FSX installation.  It was pretty bloated, and I was having other issues besides my KDEN installation.  So, I blamed Flightbeam for my scenery problem at that time.

NOW....after re-installing FSX about a month ago, and re-building all my addons (ORBX Global and Vector and all the sceneries, plane addons, etc.), I decided TODAY to give Flightbeam's KDEN another try.

Well...it installed flawlessly and I was amazed at the scenery when I flew out of there today.  It was snowing at an incredible rate there (Active Sky Next) and it was downright beautiful.  My frames were not affected at all, and KDEN and all its roadways and traffic were a sight to behold.

Thanks, Flightbeam, and again, I'm sorry for jumping the gun and blaming my former problematic FSX installation on your product.    I will be a continuing fan of your products, and will continue to support you.

Stan

• Upvote 1