Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

DX10 looks and works great.Sugar pill Or is it real?

Finally went to DX10/Steve's Fixer and been using it a month.Cannot believe the improvement.Is it real or do I just think it is an improvement?Whatever,I am really happy.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

The above post is a compliment .Thank you Steve.It has reactivated my interest in FS and I have been doing this a very long time.Ron

Finally went to DX10/Steve's Fixer and been using it a month.Cannot believe the improvement.Is it real or do I just think it is an improvement?Whatever,I am really happy.Ron

As a DX-10 late bloomer, changing from DX9 and P3D only in the last 9 months, my experience, specifically with Steve's DX10 Fixer is that the results are real. Not eye-candy. Steve has truly put an awful lot of outstanding work into making DX10 as great as it can be.

If the CFG, NVI, and Fixer settings are all working together, the end result is an average of 30FPS with heavy FPS aircraft and scenery. The only time frames really drop to around 15FPS is around heavy populated areas with FTX. With settings like an LOD of 6.5 99% of the time, with clouds at max, and water at max, it never ceases to amaze me.

Ron, here is a link to my screenshots:    http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/flyultimate/?list=images&sort=views_desc&page=1

These shots show what I have been able to obtain by spending time trying to balance all of the settings. Sure would like to see some of your shots as well.

Won't go back to any other DX or Sim variation. The results and feel are outstanding. Coupled with REX Texture 4 and FTX.

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks for the reply.I am an old guy and I have a beer in my basement when flying(Why I do not fly a real plane!)Just wanted confirmation that it was really DX10 and not the beer.This is my winter interest/hobby.Thanks for confirming what I have seen.Ron

Thanks for the reply.I am an old guy and I have a beer in my basement when flying(Why I do not fly a real plane!)Just wanted confirmation that it was really DX10 and not the beer.This is my winter interest/hobby.Thanks for confirming what I have seen.Ron

My pleasure, Ron! After working with FSX since it came out, with 2004 before that, I have never really been as excited with a Flight Simulator. What Steve, not to mention the work of so many talented folks in addition, has produced has brought a great sense of pleasure with FSX DX10.

Jim

• Upvote 1

thanks both!

Steve

You sure are welcome, Steve. You have, for years, put a lot into FSX. If it wasn't for what you have done, I personally would have just been content with DX9 until the cows come home.

Thank you for your time and contribution to FSX.

Jim

• Upvote 1

Very real indeed.

Steve has done an incredible service to our community with this product.  I was amazed at the visual improvement.  Even saw improvement in frame rates with my high end rig which I didn't think would be possible.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K