Sign in to follow this  
AndyCYXU

Landing at LOWI with VoxATC lol

Definitely using STAR next time and ignoring the ATC.

Forward to 3 min 40 seconds not good job by ATC, saved by the pilot LOL

Landing ended up being VFR I am not best pilot didn't know the ILS for Rwy 26 LOL, will try again next time well prepared and using STAR only ignoring ATC completely until established on STAR

but still whats up with VOX?  they gave me STAR TULSI3A if I recall well before I input it in my FMC here he comes starts vectoring me.. WTH ?? well ok i go with him why not lets see.. and the result is seen at 3min40sec of video..

did I do something wrong? or did VOX just decided to be funny..? LOL

https://youtu.be/tEFijKUDRrQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEFijKUDRrQ

On page  80 from the ***** manual you have :

"No Vectors to Approach
If checked, no vectors will be given by ATC at your destination. This should be used when the
destination airport has mountains or high terrain in the vicinity of its approaches. VoxATC is not
terrain aware and may vector an aircraft into high terrain while vectoring to an approach."

The No Vectors to Approach option must be checked in the Flight Plan Extras program !

Btw you have a nice home cockpit :smile:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I allwas select "no vectors on approach" even with no terrain problems. i do not like the voxatc vectors. Well, the true is after 8 months with voxatc, many flights and test, i was never able to complete a full flight without problems.

Well I tried it and it didn't work quite as expected LOL, they basically forgot about me,   :mad:   but I was on the correct approach for this runway using STAR they gave me, I am thinking that next time I just let them vector me then I simply ignore them fly my approach and i think they will get it once where I am makes sense to them.

Still don't get me wrong I love the program for the features it has and I am not all that keen on super realistic... I want super realistic gotta become pilot myself LOL

Talking about realistic anyone knows... when a pilot is given STAR does ATC actually vector him if all is normal.. tell him to descent/climb etc...? I don't think so...I guess they just follow him and hand him over to Tower (another controller) then he finally gets clearance to land... now we assume everything is NORMAL.. so i think he just follows STAR on his own minding any altitude/speed restrictions etc..

anyways hopping for some update soon to get the FO working with p3d v3, and whatever other shortcomings it might have, I am fairly new to it so still very happy camper, also it would be nice to implement ground telling me or other aircraft HOLD Position when taxing I ran into few instances where AI decided to keep on going and whacked me with his wing LOL, but oh well whatever I disabled this type of crash with other aircraft, for the most part they all doing pretty good job.

Lots of AI around me when taking off and landing as well as in flight and next to now FPS impact compared with using MT6 which loads 100's of them in places i will never see them anyways so unless playing "AI watcher" Vox hands down is better by loading what it seems only relevant AI. i do use MT6 models but not the traffic too hard on FPS.

Anyways thanks again for your suggestion.. will go from there.

Andy

Ask for a full ILS approach to whatever the active runway is. Vox will let you fly the published star and will contact you on final.

NAX669.png

Well I tried it and it didn't work quite as expected LOL, they basically forgot about me,   :mad:   but I was on the correct approach for this runway using STAR they gave me, I am thinking that next time I just let them vector me then I simply ignore them fly my approach and i think they will get it once where I am makes sense to them.

Still don't get me wrong I love the program for the features it has and I am not all that keen on super realistic... I want super realistic gotta become pilot myself LOL

Talking about realistic anyone knows... when a pilot is given STAR does ATC actually vector him if all is normal.. tell him to descent/climb etc...? I don't think so...I guess they just follow him and hand him over to Tower (another controller) then he finally gets clearance to land... now we assume everything is NORMAL.. so i think he just follows STAR on his own minding any altitude/speed restrictions etc..

anyways hopping for some update soon to get the FO working with p3d v3, and whatever other shortcomings it might have, I am fairly new to it so still very happy camper, also it would be nice to implement ground telling me or other aircraft HOLD Position when taxing I ran into few instances where AI decided to keep on going and whacked me with his wing LOL, but oh well whatever I disabled this type of crash with other aircraft, for the most part they all doing pretty good job.

Lots of AI around me when taking off and landing as well as in flight and next to now FPS impact compared with using MT6 which loads 100's of them in places i will never see them anyways so unless playing "AI watcher" Vox hands down is better by loading what it seems only relevant AI. i do use MT6 models but not the traffic too hard on FPS.

Anyways thanks again for your suggestion.. will go from there.

Andy

I am agree with you, voxatc need a revision.

Please, contact the developer as i do, because he do not read this forum. He need to know what we thing about his product.

Lets hope he release a new version some day...