Sign in to follow this  
Terrykb

ATC gets the wrong airline

Today I loaded and installed the Delta livery for my 737 800 WL.

The Config file shows the ATC Airline to be Delta

The flight number is 211

When I do a flight with this Delta aircraft the ATC calls me "Hawaiian 211"

How can I get rid of this Hawaiian 211 call from the tower and ground.

I want Delta 211

Thanks

Ken

Ken,

The OC livery manager reorders the liveries in aircraft.cfg when you make a change. So it's likely that the "slot number" (the line [fltsim.x] in aircraft.cfg) used by the Delta livery has been used by another 737-800WL livery previously. If you made a change to that livery in the free flight details screen before loading it (ATC airline, tail number, flight number), FSX records those changes against the slot number, not the livery itself, in a file called state.cfg. If there's something in that file relating to this "slot number" it will override what's in aircraft.cfg. That could cause ATC to say Hawaiian rather than Delta. However it's easy to sort out if this was the case.

Copy and paste the following line of text into the start menu search window and hit return

%appdata%/Microsoft/FSX/simobjects/airplanes/PMDG 737-800NGX WL

An Explorer window will open in that folder. If there's a file there called state.cfg just delete it (it will create a new one next time you fly that version of the NGX). This file is created by FSX and nothing to do with PMDG, so deleting it won't affect any NGX features. Next time you load FSX ATC should correctly refer to this livery as Delta.

ki9cAAb.jpg