Sign in to follow this  
Rlambert93

Start up Apu

What start up setting like cold and dark etc us the Apu all ready running so just the engines are left to start.

Many thanks

Rob

Its all explained   in the introduction manual, well worth reading,  simply   just  set up the aircraft    as  you want  it  save  that panel  state in the cdu option  and  than your  able  to load  this panel state   when ever  you like

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What start up setting like cold and dark etc us the Apu all ready running so just the engines are left to start.

Many thanks

Rob

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

As Peter mentioned, your best source of knowledge is what we include with the aircraft. The 737 comes with two tutorials and an intro manual. You can attempt to sort through what people post here, or you can read the PDF tutorial that we included with the plane, which has pictures, and likely more detail than you'll find here.

Start > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > 737 > Intro Manual, Tutorial 1, Tutorial 2 (the latter is the one that goes into a full start up from cold and dark)

Kyle Rodgers

I hope this isn't off topic, but I just started flying the 737 NG and am going through the tutorials. The startup in Tutorial #2 takes quite a bit of time, and my question is, for people that are flying the 737NG as their main aircraft on a daily basis, what is the usual panel state for the starting the  flight?  It seems that it would take quite a bit of time to go from cold and dark to take off for each flight, and sometimes time is not available. Is the short turn or long turn preferred by most? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Is the short turn or long turn preferred by most? 

Probably a better question for its own thread, but Short or Long are actually more common states to find aircraft in, when flying for an airline.

Kyle Rodgers

Probably a better question for its own thread, but Short or Long are actually more common states to find aircraft in, when flying for an airline.

thanks,

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

As Kyle mentioned the short or long turn states are how most airline crews would find the aircraft as they arrive for work. I can tell you though, that when going through the tutorial as you are just learning the airplane, getting the airplane ready for flight from cold and dark will be slow. Once the flows and procedures are committed to memory and just checked via the check lists it gets much, much faster. I can get the NGX ready to fly from cold and dark in about the time it takes the IRSs to align, about 10 minutes. I do use the 'realistic' alignment time for the IRSs.

On most of my flights though, I load the plane with the 'short' turn panel state. So the APU is running, IRSs are aligned, so all that's really needed is to program the FMC, set trim, configure the MCP and instruments, and I'm ready to push, maybe 5 minutes.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Dave Paige