Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

VoxATC - a few questions. . .

Guest McFly

I see that there are only 2 voices included. . . a $70 value. This means that to add extra voices are $35 a pop? How many voices are included with MS2004 ATC? certainly more than 2. Radar Contact has 7 or 8 I think. More than 2 will be a necessity if you're planning anything more than touch and goes from the same airport. You don't want to run into the same ATC at every airport. From the size of the installation it looks to be a separate program maybe on the order of RC3 that is not integrated with stock MS2004 ATC? Would like to have more of an explanation of the interaction.Does this program also work with key-press only ala adventure display or other menu? Not sure I'd like to put on the head set every time I take a short hop.I see this is skewed to the serious simmers so it is not for everyone. It does appear to be taking ATC to a new level. Probably way to early for any feedback for customers, but hope to see some soon.Terry

You can always try the demo at http://www.voxatc.com It is the previous version, but you will at least get an idea how it works. I have tried it over the last couple of days and think it's pretty good, but for some reason it's a major system hog. I have a decent system but frame rates were way down and after a while my graphics got really messed up, almost as if it was eating up memory or something. If it wasn't for these issues, I could probably see myself buying it because I am a student pilot in real life and it does help in the reality side, but I don't think I will buy it because of that. I don't know if it's my system and if I'm the only one with these problems but I didn't have these problems before.

I want to update you on my previous message. I tried to figure out what was causing those problems, and I am now starting to believe that it wasn't the fault of VoxATC, but my graphics card settings were set too high. I made a couple of changes and performance is better. I will try VoxATC tomorrow again, just to confirm.

Hi guys,Somewhat OT but how do I remove the menu entry of VOXATC in FS2004, which module (?) do I have to remove?ThanksRob

RobdeVries.jpg