Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

Best airport scenery

Kyle (and everyone), if you're running through flytampa products, don't forget CYUL! Perfect compliment to CYYZ for short hops in all kinds of aircraft!

I actually have CYUL and not CYYZ, surprisingly. I'll get YYZ soon enough.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

AS Oslo

AS Tromso

AS Svalbard

AS Bergen

Know of any good Stavangers?

Kyle Rodgers

Hello guys,

I wanted to ask if you have any "special hints" for good scenery.

At the moment I own FlyTampa OMDB Rebooted, Aerosoft EGLL and a freeware version of KHPL and all three of them are excellent.

Dubai ist the most impressive here.

Today I am thinking about buying FlyTampa St. Maarten.

Which addon airports do you guys like the most?

Best regards,

Stefan

Did you mean KPHL instead of KHPL? If so, that one, Philadelphia International by SunSkyJet, is tops on my list. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

(...)

Tom, aerosoft Rome is one that's been on my radar since they first announced it. Any remarks you'd like to share? Especially regarding performance and VAS? My VA recently updated their schedules to include a 3x weekly flight there from EGLL with the 77L. I'd very much like to try it out with PMDG's beautiful bird.

I've only been circling Rome in an A2A Cherokee so far, but I'll give the PMDG T7 a go a bit later on. Gonna try from AS Zurich to AS Rome and se how it goes. Gonna post both VAS and fps and what hw in use. This will be done in v3(v2.5 and FSX is gone forever:-)).

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Did you mean KPHL instead of KHPL? If so, that one, Philadelphia International by SunSkyJet, is tops on my list. 

Yes sir, that's what I meant! Great scenery!

... This will be done in v3(v2.5 and FSX is gone forever:-)).

Still going strong with 2.4! Appreciate your time, you don't have to do that. I would be interested in the results though if you do!

Is KSFO good?

It's great, I really like it.

• Upvote 1

Chris B. Trane

(...)

With only the B777 you should either skip T2G's TFFR (and also their KTPA), unless you want to convert those airport textures yourself for better VAS results. Their LTBA could be a better choice then. (If compatibility allows ...)

(...)

I muddled that one up: T2G did "beautiful VAS hog" KMCO, not KTPA.

And here's my favo(u)rite B777 doing some fancy IGS13 stuff at FT's VHHX. Approach manually entered in the CDU and also the IGS freq and course (additionally I have SCENERY ON DEMAND - DRAGONEYE HONG KONG ver. 2 installed, but in the screenshot there should be mostly the FlyTampa stuff):

FTVHHX.jpg

Thanks for the first opinions!

Sinve P3D V3 I am not too concerned about OOMs. FSUIPC always shows good values. Did a flight yesterday from KJFK, crossing just north of Zurich to Dubai with almost all settings cranked up and the lowest value I've seen in FSUIPC was around 350 MB left.

@Olli: I am using only the 777 (will add the 747 v2 as soon as available). So I go for bigger airpots.

The Kai Tak scenery really seems interesting. I saw it in a video from Matt Davies on Youtube doing the IGS 13 approach. And it looks great! Do you know if they add this approach too?

I manually added it (can choose the STAR and Approach in the FMC), but my 777 does not capture the ILS / IGS / Localizer. But I have no idea what I have to configure to fix this.

Best regards,

Stefan

If you're rocking 777 long hauls, FlyTampa's VHHX is a must. It's got everything you need, from surrounding scenery to the field itself. The manual is great too, as it explains how to fly the approach in simple steps. 

All the ones listed are great in their own respects. As I think one poster stated, it simply depends on where you want to fly. I emphasize Kai Tak because it is a unique and challening approach for a heavy. Not many like it out there today (KJFKs visuals come to mind). 

For a long hauler like yourself, my personal opinion for each region:

North America: Flightbeam's KSFO or KDEN

Central / South: I haven't seen one good SA scenery. TNCM is solid, as is MMMX.

Asia: FlyTampa VHHX 

Austrailia: FlyTampa YSSY

Middle East / Central Asia: Since you have OMDB, check out T2Gs LTBA

Europe: FSDT LSZH  My next grab will probably be Copenhagen though.

Here's a must read source:

http://www.airdailyx.net/adx-earth-airports/

Thanks for posting that William, thats a really good  "all in one"  pit stop to check out airports 

Fly Tampa CYYZ. Especially in winter, you see snow blowing across runways and taxiways. I have to commend Fly Tampa, they made that effect look realistic. As well as the night lighting, buildings, textures etc. Everything about that package is great. The only down fall is the performance (VAS and FPS). Which to my understanding is not Fly Tampa's fault.

FSDreamteam: Any product is excellent.

Aerosoft: EGLL is very good. LIRF have potential to be very good, but need some issues fixed first. Mallorca (latest version) is also good.

Flytampa: YSSY is really good, EKCH also.

Taxi2Gate: VHHH is good. Don't know if P3Dv3 is out yet.

Overland: RKSI, old and only for FSX, but still high class even today.

... LIRF have potential to be very good, but need some issues fixed first. Mallorca (latest version) is also good.

Could you expand on that please? Genuinely curious.