Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

EU Scotland

Just purchased due to nice discount, but to be honest I'm quite disappointed.

Ground textures are not much different to FTX Global, there are numerous trees or ships placed totally out of place ( trees on runway edge, ships in the middle of dry land )

All extra ground structures are mostly white or grey.

Power plants or factories are placed without extra ground textures, just in the middle of meadow ...etc.

Initially I was thinking to make more upgrades, but I think EU Scotland is enough.

Artur 

Personally I prefer Scotflight to ORBX Scotland. There is now a version of Scotflight designed to sit atop ORBX Scotland that might improve things for you.

For the ultimate Scottish scenery though, you can't beat Horizon's VFR X although it is expensive and huge! Vol 8 Scotland South and Vol 7 Scotland Central are £20 each!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Just purchased due to nice discount, but to be honest I'm quite disappointed.

Ground textures are not much different to FTX Global, there are numerous trees or ships placed totally out of place ( trees on runway edge, ships in the middle of dry land )

All extra ground structures are mostly white or grey.

Power plants or factories are placed without extra ground textures, just in the middle of meadow ...etc.

Initially I was thinking to make more upgrades, but I think EU Scotland is enough.

Do you have FTX Central set to Europe and hit apply  

I have Scotland and find it nice 

Going from Default to Global is a bigger step forward than going from Global to a full-fat region, but you should make sure you've followed Elaine's hint   A N D   have installed the latest ORBX libraries from fullterrain.com.

For me SCO is their second best EU region so far (after Norway).

Not sure what else could be an issue here. As far as trees and runways are concerned, any chance that AFCAD files installed by an AI traffic addon (MyTraffic, for example) are interfering? Those AFCAD bgl's can be disabled for the airports in FTX EU SCO to work properly.

If still not happy, upload a couple of screenshots so we can take a closer look.

For the ultimate Scottish scenery though, you can't beat Horizon's VFR X although it is expensive and huge! Vol 8 Scotland South and Vol 7 Scotland Central are £20 each!

It's even worse, because Volume 7 Scotland Central is no longer available. I agree though that VFR GenX Scotland photographic scenery plus ES Treescapes plus Scotflight is better than ORBx FTX Scotland, but then you are paying a fair bit more for the complete package.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oliver and Elaine make two good points.  You have to make sure that you have proper regions selected in FTX Central first, before running your sim.  There is a great tutorial over at the ORBX forums (official) that explains how Global, Vector, OpenLC and regions interact with each other, depending on where you fly.  As for quality, i will echo Oliver's assessment that Scotland, as well as Ireland, England all look much better than Global (as it should be).  Also, what time of the year are you flying.  Remember, fall and winter months, the textures do look different, perhaps even a bit faded.  Try this, perform a flight out of Scotland and set your season to summer and then assess if the textures look better or worse than Global.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Just checked, indeed "apply" button was not activated.

Made 10 minutes hop around EGPH and still same issues - factories in the fields of standing corn, ships anchored in backyards.

( I made some shots, but bloody hell - I have no idea how to attach those )

Artur 

Sounds like you may be better off posting this at ORBX directly as they want to hear about issues like this and if it is indeed an error, they can fix it or they can at least take a look at your setup to see what is wrong. 

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Will check it thoroughly as my plan is to make multiple low level trips around, and across Scotland with A2A Comanche.

Flying low & slow and every mistake is well visible. 

Artur 

The bane of the low and slow VFR flyer, Artur. Even my photoscenery has it's flaws :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't mean to go off topic, but I wondered if Chris Low (almost a homonym of my own name) had tried JustFlight Revolution X on top of photo scenery?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Chris,

I have seen video clips of that product, and I am not all that impressed. Autogen objects (particularly buildings) need to be positioned accurately to look convincing, and JF Revolution X seems to fall short in that department. The buildings also look rather "drab" and lifeless, and the tree density is not great enough.

In short, picky gits like me are an autogen developer's worst nightmare :BigGrin:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks Chris! I'll stick with Earth Simulation's Treescapes then, even if it is pricey!

Back on topic, for Scotland I use Orbx Global, Vector and OpenLC EU because I've found ORBX regions typically have a VAS footprint larger than I'm comfortable with flying airliners on FSX. FreeMeshX 72m seems sufficient, I don't know what mesh resolution is supplied with ORBX Sco.

support1.jpg