Sign in to follow this  
candid

earth simulations unable to install

I have had to reinstall  fsx .. I find that  my boxed copy of treescapes will not install i guess that it needs 

activating on line which of course is not possible, there seems to be a renewed interest in earth simulations judging by recent mail , however my boxed copy of guernsey installed with no problems,

I dont want to bin it because it cost nearly £100. any help will be welcome

frank cann

Are you sure it needs activating online? I've just reinstalled FSX SE and all addons including the box version of Treescapes 1-3. All that was required was to enter the serial number included in the box.

Other ES products that use their ESI installer are a little different. It is necessary disconnect from the internet to prevent the installer trying to call a now non existant website and it will then use the DVD's installation procedure instead.

The Flightstore website has produced guidance on this.

Incidentally I found that when installing from multiple DVDs (eg the superb Isle of Man scenery) it is much easier if the content of the  DVDs is first copied to a single folder on an HDD (or preferably SSD) and installed from that.

Perhaps you could try copying Treescapes to an HDD and see if that works

Thank you for the interest,you could be right regarding the activation, it does begin the install process but half way through an error notice appears it cannot apply transforms and i need to verify the path which i cannot do  I have the boxed set three on one disc there is a key code in the box,  according to instructions this key code is typed in on install i am not given that option its a shame because it is a very good addon

many thanks f cann

The 'verify path' instruction is I presume asking you to verify the path to the Photographic scenery for the United Kingdom (Horizon Generation X or Justflight VFR Real). These volumes MUST be installed before Treescapes can be installed. Perhaps you could check that they have been properly installed by examining the Scenery library and scenery.cfg

my vfr scenery is showing in the scenery library 13-21 When i loaded the scenery the default path was C but as they are rather large amounts that was changed to where my f/s was installed as i am in no position to point out this path would it be trying to load into C the default path if so i would have to reload vfr scenery again in C do you think this is a possibility  ?    

regards f cann

Can you not simply provide the installer with the correct location of your photographic scenery?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think you have two options

1) Reinstall treescapes and at Stage 2 verify that the location that is shown for the Photoscenry is correct. If it isn't, browse to it using the box presented by the installer

2) Manually transfer the Treescape files to the current location of the Photoscenery

Both these processes are described in the Manual

Alternatively, you could reinstall the Photoscenery and then install Treescapes which might result in a cleaner file structure

according to the docs a menu will appear on install with options tree colour paths etc.; but it does not get to this stage the install crashes half way through with the error notice as mentioned as i cannot browse and change any paths could i assume it is directed to C . It seems as if a section of my disc is not being loaded hence my thought that it s an activation problem,  as you have it installed can you remember  the sequence  sorry to be a pain i am two steps away from using it as a christmas decoration 

cheers frank cann                           

The sequence for the version that I have (Vol 1-3 bundle pack 2010) is

Select options; "Autogen Trees – Installed by default Hi-Res Textures – Installed by default ( uncheck this option if not required) UK2000 airport compatibility files – Not installed by default –( check this item if  you own UK2000 airports only)"

NB nothing about tree colour

Select the installation location for Treescapes

Treescapes unpacks the data and installs it to the chosen location

Treescapes extracts the data to the location of the Photoscenery after showing the locations of the Photoscenery volumes and allowing these to be changed if necessary

If you still have problems, a fresh installation of the Photoscenery and Treescapes might be the best option. Or you could ask Flightstore for assistance.

I think my problem lies in my registry. there is still an entry for the last install . i cannot remove it because quote it needs removal by an online source which is not available unquote this may refer to the key code which is installed on set up i dont even get that option, i have tried a cleaner but it wont delete . i suppose i could change my os to windows 10 have a happy christmas 

best regards frank cann