Sign in to follow this  
jakronym

Aerosoft a318/19 and A320/21

Hi, I was wondering that since the a318 and the a319 were released after the A320 and A321, is there any differences between the two or are they the same?

Thanks

The procedures are the same. The aircraft fly a bit different due to size and weight, for example the 321 vs 318. The 318 also has a steep approach mode.

I downloaded the PA A318v3 and A319v3 by Francois Dore from the library. They are really beautifully done. Unfortunately for me, they are both cold start and require the full pre-start checklist to get the engines running. Personally, I'm not interested in that level of realism while I understand others might be. Is there something that can be changed to enable warm starts for these planes without the need to go through the pre-start checklists?

I downloaded the PA A318v3 and A319v3 by Francois Dore from the library. They are really beautifully done. Unfortunately for me, they are both cold start and require the full pre-start checklist to get the engines running. Personally, I'm not interested in that level of realism while I understand others might be. Is there something that can be changed to enable warm starts for these planes without the need to go through the pre-start checklists?

I sympathise with your dilemma as I have to be in a certain state of mind to go through the whole cold and dark start up procedure for large airliners and, although it can be quite realistic to do that sometimes, more often than not I just want to 'jump in and fly'! The only thing I have done in similar situations, is to perform the whole cold and dark start up procedure just once on the airliner in question, then save the flight. If you want to fly that airliner again with engines running, then just open the saved flight and go to which ever airport you wish to fly from.

Bill

Bill...great idea! Done. Wanted to share that I've also figured out another way to skin this cat for this particular A319. Since it is an Airbus and this used a modified version of the default A321 panel, I created a second panel folder labeled, "Panel.a321" and then copied the entire default A321 panel into it. Then I edited the aircraft.cfg file to put "panel=a321" so that it used that instead of the cold-start panel. It works perfectly! I abandoned the pa318fd_v3 because it was missing the whole PA318 folder with the aircraft.cfg and .air files.

Bill...great idea! Done. Wanted to share that I've also figured out another way to skin this cat for this particular A319. Since it is an Airbus and this used a modified version of the default A321 panel, I created a second panel folder labeled, "Panel.a321" and then copied the entire default A321 panel into it. Then I edited the aircraft.cfg file to put "panel=a321" so that it used that instead of the cold-start panel. It works perfectly! I abandoned the pa318fd_v3 because it was missing the whole PA318 folder with the aircraft.cfg and .air files.

That sounds like an even easier solution for the A319 at least!

I should perhaps have also mentioned that if you are trying my solution then it is best to save the flight in a default airport to minimise initial VAS usage.

Bill