Sign in to follow this  
LBIA

How to view AI timetables for a particular airport?

It'll be a pointing issue... try clicking the box to see if you pick up ANY flightplans:

SS1.jpg

Yep, and when I've tried previously it scans all the flightplans.

It's worth noting that when I open it up, an error message pops up telling me that aircraft.cfg file couldn't be found.

@LIBA: The sample of AITM shows a timetable of an airport (KJFK in this case). But I agree, that ACA2005 considers all individual traffic files found somewhere in FS9.  

Looks like a pretty decent alternative if I can't get ACA2005 working, do I simply load all the flightplans that I have?

AITM needs Aircraft_xxx.txt, Airports_xxx.txt and FlightPlans_xxx.txt files in its folder. You might copy and paste all your files there. But as said before, AITM reeds only one traffic at once, like AI Flight Planner. That isn't a problem for me, as my main traffic file includes almost all flights in the world. The rest is more accessory. Theirs arrivals and departures times aren't such important.

AIFP will display a time table for one airport. I went to quick to record the steps but basicly it is file, open merged pland, and go to your folder containing all of your plans. It will take some time to first create the data for all of them with validations, etc.

When done you click Fightplans then Timetable. It will display all airports detected in a dropdown. Enter the ICAO code above the list top and it will filter the data for that airport.

In my test though for FS9 with loads of files, it exceeded the maximum number of airports or whatever in the merged traffic file. It displayed KMSP but when I requested a Dump To Notepad it crashed AIFP. I assume it crashed because it exceeded Notepad's limits. I was using AIFP 3.16(a) and I assume that it is an alpha version.

I'll retry with a previous version with FSX later which has more rigidly selected plans.

Like AITM it takes quite some time to generate the initial data and validate them (it checks aircraft models are present, etc.) and with an all flightplans merged for reading  it just takes time. I'm using an I7 quad core  64 bit Intel processor @ 4.2 GHz and RAM maxed at 32 GB.

Anyway, AIFP will filter out a time table for the airport you request once world (all flightplan) data is tabulated.

I'm going to try it with FSX which I've limited to mostly WOAI plans to get a sample result for you.

I was too looking for quite the same timetable utility as ACA2005 but I have got the exact same problem as you have with it,​ "Column 'From' does not allow nulls" 

It worked out only twice so far, without a problem, though, apart from that a stubborn bug.

ACA2005 looks exactly like what I'm looking for, so thank you for the recommendation!

I downloaded it though, and encountered a problem. Every time I put in a search query for a particular airport, it always ends up with the result '0 departures' or '0 arrivals', even when it's a busy airport. Also the error message "Column 'From' does not allow nulls" pops up. Any ideas what this is?

I guess I have just found the reason behind that bug :

Checking the " ICAO code to airport " box brings about this error, when unchecked, the timetable for a particular airport comes without a problem.

I was too looking for quite the same timetable utility as ACA2005 but I have got the exact same problem as you have with it,​ "Column 'From' does not allow nulls" 

It worked out only twice so far, without a problem, though, apart from that a stubborn bug.

Well done... it's great when someone sticks with it, sorts out an issue, and shares the result!

I have never ticked that box so never saw the problem.